Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Remote Access Problem

novarsenovarse Member Posts: 1
We have had a frustrating problem for months. We are trying to find a resolution or work around to fix this and are looking for help.

We have applications developed in Delphi 4 through to Delphi 7 that use database components and have worked correctly and well for years.

When we have these running on a station and log into the station remotely with PcAnywhere, VNC, terminal services and few others, the application runs fine.

When we disconnect, leaving application running, then reconnect, we get 'Access violation Read Of address 0000004' when we interact with the application.

The stations we are logging into are Win XP, win 2003 server and win 2000.

This problem does not occur if the stations we log onto are using an early version of PCAnywhere (v10).

It appears to be something how the remote access programs handle the screens or forms.

I am testing on a Windows 2000 machine (sp 4). I'm connecting to it via PCAnywhere on a XP machine.
The strange thing is that the exe I'm trying to run is simple. It has a basic form with a TButton on it which just shows a message (using ShowMessage)
I connect via PCAnywhere
Run exe (leaving it open)
Close PCAnywhere connection
Reconnect via PCAnywhere
Click the button to show the message and get the access violation error

Searching the net finds many with same or similar problem.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you