"Complex" PL/SQL code not working - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

"Complex" PL/SQL code not working

shirinshirin Posts: 28Member
Within my VB code, I have an sql statement which suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason. When I copied the code into Toad and removed the VB-specific text, it ran successfully.

The level of complexity of the code is this: a union of two "select"s, each "select" has Utrim and Ucase specified for two of the variables. and it contains an "order by" clause.

That doesn't seem very complex to me.

When I removed the Utrim/Ucase specifications, the union and the "order by", it worked, but it's only partially what I need.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Thanks.