Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

any ideas or hints

DragonChaosDragonChaos Member Posts: 11
i created a simple database to be used at work for our safety director to help keep track of certification retraining at the coal mines, i was wondering if their is any way to access the database with out having to open access and load the switch board, and he wants me to make the system into a ticular system? I have no idea how to do a ticular system, this is what he told me "it would pop a notice in advance at a set interval of when retraining is need" any help would be appreciated. thnks

Comments

• dokken2dokken2 Member Posts: 532
    : i created a simple database to be used at work for our safety
    : director to help keep track of certification retraining at the coal
    : mines, i was wondering if their is any way to access the database
    : with out having to open access and load the switch board, and he
    : wants me to make the system into a ticular system? I have no idea
    : how to do a ticular system, this is what he told me "it would pop a
    : notice in advance at a set interval of when retraining is need" any
    : help would be appreciated. thnks

you can access the database with another development tool, ie: visual basic 6 using DAO/ADO, or visual basic .net with ADO.NET

you need to have either of those development tools or visual basic express is a free download from microsoft. but more importantly, you need the skill and knowledge to use them as they are more advanced than access. i assume you could then run that program with the windows task scheduler so that it checks the database on a daily interval.