where to start - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

where to start

DragonChaosDragonChaos Posts: 11Member
I have a little (very little) knowledge of visual studio, i own a copy of visual studio 2006, so i thinks this might be the right thread, i was wondering if anyone can suggest some links or good materials for me to use in starting to do application design. I have a very small budget so the more free stuff the better, because that program alone about broke me. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    : I have a little (very little) knowledge of visual studio, i own a
    : copy of visual studio 2006, so i thinks this might be the right
    : thread, i was wondering if anyone can suggest some links or good
    : materials for me to use in starting to do application design. I have
    : a very small budget so the more free stuff the better, because that
    : program alone about broke me. Any help appreciated.

I'd always advise a good Beginner's Book. It's well worth the cash and doesn't need to be tremendously expensive. I assume you're thinking about programming in VB?
    There might be tutorials on the web and there are enough examples of code, but imo a book will teach you so much more. Just so you really understand the basics and get the experience you need to start writing programs of your own.

Best Regards,
    Richard

The way I see it... Well, it's all pretty blurry