Java Applets - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Java Applets

lordkwenlordkwen Posts: 1Member
Hi everyone

I have created a Java Applet Program, which connect to an Oracle database, it can run without any probem, but the problem arises when i want to run an HTML (IE)file, the applet gets downloaded to the page but it does not connect to the database, Can some one please help me as i want to put it on a server so that everyone can use it.

Comments

• VilanyeVilanye Posts: 684Member
    : Hi everyone
    :
    : I have created a Java Applet Program, which connect to an Oracle
    : database, it can run without any probem, but the problem arises when
    : i want to run an HTML (IE)file, the applet gets downloaded to the
    : page but it does not connect to the database, Can some one please
    : help me as i want to put it on a server so that everyone can use it.
    :
    Don't directly connect to a database from the client. That is a security disaster in waiting, especially, but not only, if the DB has admin privileges. Instead write a small server or app in a web server to take requests from the client, then that server filters the request, connects to the database and returns the specified data.

The database probably only accepts connections from loopback, which for simple web server setups is the way to go.

Unless the applet is signed, it can only make a network connection back to the same IP address.
    [italic][blue]Just my 2 bits[/blue][/italic]