Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Web service fetching data from a database.

Hi,

I have created a web service that fetches data from a database. Now, I have checked that the webservice can return both a DataTable and a DataSet object.

But, When I try to return a DataTable object onto a DataGrid inside a window application, I get an error which says "Cannot convert type 'ApplicationName.localhost.FunctionNameResponseFunctionNameResult' to 'System.Data.DataTable'"

Well, If I try to explicitly convert the object returned by the web service into a DataTable object, I receive the same error.

So eventually, I tried returning a dataSet object from the web service.

This works perfectly fine but the problem is...

I have 1 table in the dataset with the field names as "ECode", "FName" and "LName".

And I have 3 textBoxes in my windows application where I want to display the corresponding fields one by one.

Can I please be suggested as to how to display data onto each textbox and navigate it as per my convinience....???

Regards,

Ruchika[color=Green][/color]