Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Anyone ever use Tkinter in a Website?

abbe prismabbe prism Posts: 8Member
Curious if it can or has been done. If you have used Tkinter, or know someone who has in web development, please give me a link to the site, and any information you have.

TYIA

abbe

Comments

• ITAITA Posts: 463Member
    : Curious if it can or has been done. If you have used Tkinter, or know someone who has in web development, please give me a link to the site, and any information you have.

How could this be possible?! Tkinter is a windowing toolkit for desktops. :-S Have you ever heard of GTK or Qt or MFC being used in websites?!

--
    Isaac
    "Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"

• abbe prismabbe prism Posts: 8Member

:
    : How could this be possible?! Tkinter is a windowing toolkit for desktops. :-S Have you ever heard of GTK or Qt or MFC being used in websites?!
    :
    : --
    : Isaac

I've never heard of GTK or QT or MFC, so no.

abbe

• pyarticlespyarticles Posts: 1Member
    I found this blog very interesting --> [link=http://pyarticles.blogspot.com/][/link]

: Curious if it can or has been done. If you have used Tkinter, or
    : know someone who has in web development, please give me a link to
    : the site, and any information you have.
    :
    : TYIA
    :
    : abbe
    :

• dkgdkg Posts: 1Member
    : Curious if it can or has been done. If you have used Tkinter, or
    : know someone who has in web development, please give me a link to
    : the site, and any information you have.
    :
    : TYIA
    :
    : abbe
    :

It is quite difficult for me to read this and not resort to flaming the thread starter. However, instead I shall explain why Tkinter cannot be used in web development.

Tkinter (and other GUI-forming tools) interact with a user's graphical display software to put elements such as windows on screen. Although Tkinter [italic]could[/italic] be used on a website's Python backend, it would have no value whatsoever to the users.