Anyone ever use Tkinter in a Website? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Anyone ever use Tkinter in a Website?

abbe prismabbe prism Posts: 8Member
Curious if it can or has been done. If you have used Tkinter, or know someone who has in web development, please give me a link to the site, and any information you have.

TYIA

abbe

Comments

• ITAITA Posts: 463Member
    : Curious if it can or has been done. If you have used Tkinter, or know someone who has in web development, please give me a link to the site, and any information you have.

How could this be possible?! Tkinter is a windowing toolkit for desktops. :-S Have you ever heard of GTK or Qt or MFC being used in websites?!

--
    Isaac
    "Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"

• abbe prismabbe prism Posts: 8Member

:
    : How could this be possible?! Tkinter is a windowing toolkit for desktops. :-S Have you ever heard of GTK or Qt or MFC being used in websites?!
    :
    : --
    : Isaac

I've never heard of GTK or QT or MFC, so no.

abbe

• pyarticlespyarticles Posts: 1Member
    I found this blog very interesting --> [link=http://pyarticles.blogspot.com/][/link]

: Curious if it can or has been done. If you have used Tkinter, or
    : know someone who has in web development, please give me a link to
    : the site, and any information you have.
    :
    : TYIA
    :
    : abbe
    :

• dkgdkg Posts: 1Member
    : Curious if it can or has been done. If you have used Tkinter, or
    : know someone who has in web development, please give me a link to
    : the site, and any information you have.
    :
    : TYIA
    :
    : abbe
    :

It is quite difficult for me to read this and not resort to flaming the thread starter. However, instead I shall explain why Tkinter cannot be used in web development.

Tkinter (and other GUI-forming tools) interact with a user's graphical display software to put elements such as windows on screen. Although Tkinter [italic]could[/italic] be used on a website's Python backend, it would have no value whatsoever to the users.