Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Accessing extended chars in linux

I want to ask is there any way you can access extended characters in linux? Like in windows we have ALT+(keycode). It that possible in linux? I have already seen programs like kcharselect but they dont provide this feature. How can i access extended characters in linux something like ALT+keycode combination in windows?

Thank you.

Comments

• IDKIDK Posts: 1,784Member
    : I want to ask is there any way you can access extended characters in linux? Like in windows we have ALT+(keycode). It that possible in linux? I have already seen programs like kcharselect but they dont provide this feature. How can i access extended characters in linux something like ALT+keycode combination in windows?
    :
    : Thank you.
    :

First try: What happens when you press alt+A in the terminal?
  • niksad008niksad008 Posts: 32Member
    :
    : First try: What happens when you press alt+A in the terminal?
    :
    Nothing Happens. I tryed pressing different keys after that but to no luck it just opens the file menu for the corresponding key.
    : :
    : : First try: What happens when you press alt+A in the terminal?
    : Nothing Happens. I tryed pressing different keys after that but to no luck it just opens the file menu for the corresponding key.
    :

Under which platform are you programming? The terminal, gtk, or something?

I would recomend looking at the manual of your platform.
  • niksad008niksad008 Posts: 32Member
    : : :
    : : : First try: What happens when you press alt+A in the terminal?
    : : Nothing Happens. I tryed pressing different keys after that but to no luck it just opens the file menu for the corresponding key.
    :
    : Under which platform are you programming? The terminal, gtk, or something?
    :
    : I would recomend looking at the manual of your platform.
    :
    Well i am hoping to get it working in KDE or gnome. Our main aim is to enable the access of extended characters in OpenOffice 2.0. I have read a few posts about dead keys and so on. But couldnt get it working on my computer. I am using fedora core 4.
    : : : :
    : : : : First try: What happens when you press alt+A in the terminal?
    : : : :
    : : : Nothing Happens. I tryed pressing different keys after that but to no luck it just opens the file menu for the corresponding key.
    : : Under which platform are you programming? The terminal, gtk, or something?
    : : I would recomend looking at the manual of your platform.
    : Well i am hoping to get it working in KDE or gnome. Our main aim is to enable the access of extended characters in OpenOffice 2.0. I have read a few posts about dead keys and so on. But couldnt get it working on my computer. I am using fedora core 4.
    :

No, what platform is you programming on?

Which library are you using?
    stdio, gtk.
    Which include files do you have?