How to generate the files to an assigned folder - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to generate the files to an assigned folder

coinscoins Posts: 13Member
I need to make some changes to a file then output it to an assigned folder. I wrote the code below, it can only put the result.txt in the current path, but I want to put it in a separate folder.
Can someone give me a tip?

[code]
BufferedReader in_file=new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(args[0])),"GBK"));
BufferedWriter out_file=new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(new BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream([red]"result.txt"[/red])),"UTF-8"));
[/code]

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I need to make some changes to a file then output it to an assigned folder. I wrote the code below, it can only put the result.txt in the current path, but I want to put it in a separate folder.
    : Can someone give me a tip?
    :
    : [code]
    : BufferedReader in_file=new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(args[0])),"GBK"));
    : BufferedWriter out_file=new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(new BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream([red]"result.txt"[/red])),"UTF-8"));
    : [/code]
    :
    Include the full path is one way. Another is to specify a default folder in the program settings.
  • coinscoins Posts: 13Member

: : I need to make some changes to a file then output it to an assigned folder. I wrote the code below, it can only put the result.txt in the current path, but I want to put it in a separate folder.
    : : Can someone give me a tip?
    : :
    : : [code]
    : : BufferedReader in_file=new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(args[0])),"GBK"));
    : : BufferedWriter out_file=new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(new BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream([red]"result.txt"[/red])),"UTF-8"));
    : : [/code]
    : Include the full path is one way. Another is to specify a default folder in the program settings.
    :
    Thank you for that. But I tried include the full path it didn't work, that class [red] FileOutputStream [/red] doesn't have an constructor receive path argument, can you give me a little more info about specify the default folder in the program settings? really appreciate your help!

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    :
    :
    : : : I need to make some changes to a file then output it to an assigned folder. I wrote the code below, it can only put the result.txt in the current path, but I want to put it in a separate folder.
    : : : Can someone give me a tip?
    : : :
    : : : [code]
    : : : BufferedReader in_file=new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(args[0])),"GBK"));
    : : : BufferedWriter out_file=new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(new BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream([red]"result.txt"[/red])),"UTF-8"));
    : : : [/code]
    : : :
    : : Include the full path is one way. Another is to specify a default folder in the program settings.
    : Thank you for that. But I tried include the full path it didn't work, that class [red] FileOutputStream [/red] doesn't have an constructor receive path argument, can you give me a little more info about specify the default folder in the program settings? really appreciate your help!
    :
    :
    For windows:
    [code]
    BufferedWriter out_file=new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(new BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream([red]"c:
    esult.txt"[/red])),"UTF-8"));
    [/code]
    This will output the result to always c:
    If you want to store the result in the same directory as the input file, then you need to extract the path of the input file:
    [code]
    String inputPath = args[0].substring(0, args[0].lastIndexOf('\'));
    BufferedWriter out_file=new BufferedWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(new BufferedOutputStream(new FileOutputStream([red]inputPath+"result.txt"[/red])),"UTF-8"));
    [/code]