toString details - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

toString details

WigzWigz Posts: 5Member
I have created a sort of members data base where by the members add themselves along with some details. The data is saved in an array and the details saved correspond to a details class. To show all the details for the members a toString is called. My problem is i cant get the program to display the details for one member. I can get it to either display the toString which is all the details or display the number of that member in the array.

Does anyone know how i can go about displaying a single members details.

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I have created a sort of members data base where by the members add themselves along with some details. The data is saved in an array and the details saved correspond to a details class. To show all the details for the members a toString is called. My problem is i cant get the program to display the details for one member. I can get it to either display the toString which is all the details or display the number of that member in the array.
    :
    : Does anyone know how i can go about displaying a single members details.
    :
    : Any help is much appreciated
    :
    : Thanks
    :
    Depending on the precise implementation I would guess something like this:
    [code]
    System.out.println(dataList[6].toString());
    [/code]
    This should show the toString() of the 7th record in the array.
    If you want to show a single field in a record, then you need to have a method, which returns that field:
    [code]
    class Data {
    private int someIntField;

public int getSomeIntField() {
    return this.someIntField;
    }
    }
    [/code]
    [code]
    System.out.println(dataList[6].getSomeIntField());
    [/code]
    This will show the value stored in someIntField.