Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

segmentation fault problem

i m getting segmentation fault and as my program contain too many threads i m not sure where is the fault i m just getting values of pc, lr etc. so can any one help me in detecting where is the error by some command or way or some freeware tool.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• IDKIDK Posts: 1,784Member
    : i m getting segmentation fault and as my program contain too many threads i m not sure where is the fault i m just getting values of pc, lr etc. so can any one help me in detecting where is the error by some command or way or some freeware tool.
    : Thanks in advance
    :

There's a lot of debugging tools.

To name a few: gdb, zero, eclipse.
  • The.ShaileshThe.Shailesh Posts: 19Member
    oh i forgotten to mention it is in arm linux so i dont think these tool will b worth or r they?
    : oh i forgotten to mention it is in arm linux so i dont think these tool will b worth or r they?
    :

I think all those debuggers need is a Posix enviroment, i.e any unix machine, which includes yours.
  • The.ShaileshThe.Shailesh Posts: 19Member
    I had downloaded zero but it is restricted only to intel machines but mine is not one n it is having just a command line interface so i think it will be best if any one can tell me how to map those values of PC , LR etc. to my code n if u can suggest some tool or debian command which run good with arm debian linux and possibly useful for me plz let me know.
    : I had downloaded zero but it is restricted only to intel machines but mine is not one n it is having just a command line interface so i think it will be best if any one can tell me how to map those values of PC , LR etc. to my code n if u can suggest some tool or debian command which run good with arm debian linux and possibly useful for me plz let me know.
    :

What do you mean with LR ?

I think gdb is availible for all platforms (which have gcc implemented)...
    And I think there's a lot of front ends availible.