Noob... need help! - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Noob... need help!

jonybasicjonybasic Posts: 21Member
I have been programming in QB for a number of years and decided that it's about time to move to a more efficiant and powerfull language.
So I'm just searching about, trying to find something to settle down with that fits my needs.
I'm looking for a language that will allow graphically intensive programming. No memory limitations (within reasonable bounds of course)
Quick keyboard handling, and input functions.

I know that most languages have the ability to handle this stuff with the proper plugins or libraries.
But I'm just wondering if python with PyGame is a good choice for game development in general.

JonyBasic

Comments

• ITAITA Posts: 463Member
    : But I'm just wondering if python with PyGame is a good choice for game development in general.

I've used this library, and it's really easy to get to grips with. I'd recommend it, especially if you've come from a QB background, since you won't have to learn a lot of complex stuff say in C++.

--
    Isaac
    "Let us smite the evil slime eating hordes who may befall us on our quest to be the ultimate programmers of the known universe!"