Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How can I suppress a command window

peterv6peterv6 Posts: 18Member
I'm a complete newbie to Java, and am attempting to become familiar with some "simple" things by reading and looking things up in books. I've created a small program that displays an input box, takes the input from the user, then displays it in another box. It runs fine, but a command window always opens up behind the input box and only goes away when the application ends. (This is being run on Windows 2000.) I'm assuming that I'm missing something simple that would prevent this command window from being displayed, can anyone help me out?
Thanks....

Comments

• Gregry2Gregry2 Posts: 607Member
    : I'm a complete newbie to Java, and am attempting to become familiar with some "simple" things by reading and looking things up in books. I've created a small program that displays an input box, takes the input from the user, then displays it in another box. It runs fine, but a command window always opens up behind the input box and only goes away when the application ends. (This is being run on Windows 2000.) I'm assuming that I'm missing something simple that would prevent this command window from being displayed, can anyone help me out?
    : Thanks....
    :

I;m no java genius either, but what method do you use exactyl to run the java programs? Do you jar them(if you don't know what that means, then you probably don't) and then execute them? or do you use batch files...or rather, what IDE do you use?...

{2}rIng
  • peterv6peterv6 Posts: 18Member
    : : I'm a complete newbie to Java, and am attempting to become familiar with some "simple" things by reading and looking things up in books. I've created a small program that displays an input box, takes the input from the user, then displays it in another box. It runs fine, but a command window always opens up behind the input box and only goes away when the application ends. (This is being run on Windows 2000.) I'm assuming that I'm missing something simple that would prevent this command window from being displayed, can anyone help me out?
    : : Thanks....
    : :
    :
    :
    : I;m no java genius either, but what method do you use exactyl to run the java programs? Do you jar them(if you don't know what that means, then you probably don't) and then execute them? or do you use batch files...or rather, what IDE do you use?...
    :
    : {2}rIng
    :
    I've heard of jar files, but I'm not that far along yet to know what they are. I've been using Eclipse as an IDE, and I've also run programs from an editor called TextPad.