Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

MMC or Flash Drive Protocols

NJHNJH Posts: 3Member
If anyone has any data on how to communicate with a MMC, I will be very grateful. I need to inteface to this memory via an embedded micro controller to store the data. When all data is stored I will capture the data onto a PC via the normal interface medias. I am still in the desiding stages on what memory type to use, MMC or standard flash drives. If any one has info of flash drives that also will be welcome. If any of you has done this any hints and tricks and what to lookout for will be appreciated. Thank you

Comments

• locoloco Posts: 173Member
    : If anyone has any data on how to communicate with a MMC, I will be very grateful. I need to inteface to this memory via an embedded micro controller to store the data. When all data is stored I will capture the data onto a PC via the normal interface medias. I am still in the desiding stages on what memory type to use, MMC or standard flash drives. If any one has info of flash drives that also will be welcome. If any of you has done this any hints and tricks and what to lookout for will be appreciated. Thank you
    :

I suggest you use the Atmel AT45 Dataflash series. They are very popular and easy to use. There are no tricks on the dataflash. All you need is a Embeded System with SPI pheripheral. The commands are explained clearly on the datasheet.

How much data in bytes do you want to save?

• NJHNJH Posts: 3Member
    : : If anyone has any data on how to communicate with a MMC, I will be very grateful. I need to inteface to this memory via an embedded micro controller to store the data. When all data is stored I will capture the data onto a PC via the normal interface medias. I am still in the desiding stages on what memory type to use, MMC or standard flash drives. If any one has info of flash drives that also will be welcome. If any of you has done this any hints and tricks and what to lookout for will be appreciated. Thank you
    : :
    :
    : I suggest you use the Atmel AT45 Dataflash series. They are very popular and easy to use. There are no tricks on the dataflash. All you need is a Embeded System with SPI pheripheral. The commands are explained clearly on the datasheet.
    :
    :
    : How much data in bytes do you want to save?
    :
    :
    I need to save about 100MB of data over a period of time of logged data. That is why I thought of using a common external memory because the logged data needs to be dumped on a PC for analyzing.

• locoloco Posts: 173Member
    : : : If anyone has any data on how to communicate with a MMC, I will be very grateful. I need to inteface to this memory via an embedded micro controller to store the data. When all data is stored I will capture the data onto a PC via the normal interface medias. I am still in the desiding stages on what memory type to use, MMC or standard flash drives. If any one has info of flash drives that also will be welcome. If any of you has done this any hints and tricks and what to lookout for will be appreciated. Thank you
    : : :
    : : I suggest you use the Atmel AT45 Dataflash series. They are very popular and easy to use. There are no tricks on the dataflash. All you need is a Embeded System with SPI pheripheral. The commands are explained clearly on the datasheet.
    : : How much data in bytes do you want to save?
    : I need to save about 100MB of data over a period of time of logged data. That is why I thought of using a common external memory because the logged data needs to be dumped on a PC for analyzing.
    :
    :

Well... I am not shore if there is 100MB dataflash, but you can also use MMC. You could also use USB, but I think that is going to be a pain.

I had done projects saving data to the Atmel AT45 dataflash series, and I had seen other projects using MMC and the principle of Reading/Writing to MMC and Dataflash is the same. They only differ in commands opcodes. All you need is a processor with SPI pheripheral.

Which processor are you going to use?

loco