Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Says query is too complex.

sooragssoorags Member Posts: 18
SELECT [UK Table].[Business Name], [UK Table].[Business Type], [UK Table].Address, [UK Table].City, [UK Table].Country, [UK Table].[Telephone Number], [UK Table].[Website Address], [UK Table].[Email Address]
FROM [UK Table]
WHERE ((([UK Table].[Business Name]) Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtBusinessName] & '*' Or [Forms]![frmNz]![txtBusinessName] Is Null) AND (([UK Table].[Business Type]) Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtBusinessType] & '*' Or [Forms]![frmNz]![txtBusinessType] Is Null) AND (([UK Table].Address) Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtAddress] & '*' Or [Forms]![frmNz]![txtAddress] Is Null) AND (([UK Table].City) Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtCity] & '*' Or [Forms]![frmNz]![txtCity] Is Null) AND (([UK Table].Country) Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtCountry] & '*' Or [Forms]![frmNz]![txtCountry] Is Null) AND (([UK Table].[Telephone Number]) Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtTelephoneNumber] & '*' Or [Forms]![frmNz]![txtTelephoneNumber] Is Null) AND (([UK Table].[Website Address]) Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtWebsiteAddress] & '*' Or [Forms]![frmNz]![txtWebsiteAddress] Is Null) AND (([UK Table].[Email Address]) Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtEmailAddress] & '*' Or [Forms]![frmNz]![txtEmailAddress] Is Null));

What is wrong? I want the form frmNz to work. I should be able to enter company information into at least one field, allowing me to retrieve the specific company's data in the subform from the UK Table.

Comments

• Termc1224Termc1224 Member Posts: 84
    : SELECT [UK Table].[Business Name], [UK Table].[Business Type], [UK Table].Address, [UK Table].City, [UK Table].Country, [UK Table].[Telephone Number], [UK Table].[Website Address], [UK Table].[Email Address]
    : FROM [UK Table]
    : WHERE ((([UK Table].[Business Name]) Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtBusinessName] & '*' Or [Forms]![frmNz]![txtBusinessName] Is Null) AND (([UK Table].[Business Type]) Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtBusinessType] & '*' Or [Forms]![frmNz]![txtBusinessType] Is Null) AND (([UK Table].Address) Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtAddress] & '*' Or [Forms]![frmNz]![txtAddress] Is Null) AND (([UK Table].City) Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtCity] & '*' Or [Forms]![frmNz]![txtCity] Is Null) AND (([UK Table].Country) Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtCountry] & '*' Or [Forms]![frmNz]![txtCountry] Is Null) AND (([UK Table].[Telephone Number]) Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtTelephoneNumber] & '*' Or [Forms]![frmNz]![txtTelephoneNumber] Is Null) AND (([UK Table].[Website Address]) Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtWebsiteAddress] & '*' Or [Forms]![frmNz]![txtWebsiteAddress] Is Null) AND (([UK Table].[Email Address]) Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtEmailAddress] & '*' Or [Forms]![frmNz]![txtEmailAddress] Is Null));
    :
    : What is wrong? I want the form frmNz to work. I should be able to enter company information into at least one field, allowing me to retrieve the specific company's data in the subform from the UK Table.
    :

I think you should let your program do the checking as to what field to search. for example txtemailaddress is not null and everything else is null. then will have a variable to hold as to what field it was. say whatfield.

from our program checking it will place the field [uk table].[email address] so the query should be

SELECT [UK Table].[Business Name], [UK Table].[Business Type], [UK Table].Address, [UK Table].City, [UK Table].Country, [UK Table].[Telephone Number], [UK Table].[Website Address], [UK Table].[Email Address]
    : FROM [UK Table]
    : WHERE " & whatfield & " Like [Forms]![frmNz]![txtBusinessName]"

hope this help
    in a case that multiple fields are not null then you should use an array to the fields for the query.
    I'm the best there is,
    the best there was,
    and the best there ever will be.
    hahahahaha lolz :)