Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Inconsistent Reporting

splansingsplansing Member Posts: 140
I have a report that has 4 sub-reports. Each has a bulleted list of items. This used to work fine. If I open the sub-reports, it still works fine. But when I open the parent report, the bullets in the sub-reports are either entirely absent, distorted and misplaced a little, or-- every once in a while --perfectly fine!

This changes each time I open the report, pretty much.

I am using a bullet character, which I cut and paste into a label.

It reeks of the kind of thing you'd expect from a memory problem, but I'm sitting here with something like 55MB of free memory, according to my task manager.

This is the kind of thing that makes me want to find the physical thing that is Access and smash it. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Termc1224Termc1224 Member Posts: 84
    : I have a report that has 4 sub-reports. Each has a bulleted list of items. This used to work fine. If I open the sub-reports, it still works fine. But when I open the parent report, the bullets in the sub-reports are either entirely absent, distorted and misplaced a little, or-- every once in a while --perfectly fine!
    :
    : This changes each time I open the report, pretty much.
    :
    : I am using a bullet character, which I cut and paste into a label.
    :
    : It reeks of the kind of thing you'd expect from a memory problem, but I'm sitting here with something like 55MB of free memory, according to my task manager.
    :
    : This is the kind of thing that makes me want to find the physical thing that is Access and smash it. Any suggestions?
    :
    you said perfectly fine once in a while. does this occur during the first time is it open. if yes then perhaps you have to declare a variable for that report

for example
    dim rep as 'the report'

and on load of that report say
    set rep = new 'the report'

I'm the best there is,
    the best there was,
    and the best there ever will be.
    hahahahaha lolz :)