Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

COM+ Program Problem

paulhaynespaulhaynes Member Posts: 5
Not even sure what I want to ask, so I'll just describe the problem and hope for the best.

I have written a fax client application using the FaxComEx API which uses the Fax service on a Windows XP computer. The application works from my home computer (Windows XP Home Edition) which is not in a domain. The same application does not work from my office computer (Windows XP Professional) which IS in a domain. The application fails when IFaxDocument::ConnectedSubmit is called.

Fax hardware/modem is working for other applications on the office computer so I don't believe the problem is with hardware.

The application works from my home computer so I don't believe the problem is with the code.

I think this is related to security issues and requires that the application be registered through Component Services as a COM+ application. But not even sure this is the case.

Based on the little information that I have given, is anyone able to assess what the actual problem is and can offer suggestions for where I might look to find information to resolve it?