Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Pharmacy Management

LucasELucasE Posts: 2Member
Hi there guys/girls. Im new at using visual basic and even more so programming but I have found it real fun/interesting. I'm taking an online course at my college and my final project is to create a basic pharmacy management software package. I already have basic knowledge of functions, variables and looping. What I am wwondering is how to put something like this together. Im sure all of you are way more experienced with this than I am and Im not asking for code or anything just some ideas to help me get started. Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Comments

• BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    : Hi there guys/girls. Im new at using visual basic and even more so programming but I have found it real fun/interesting. I'm taking an online course at my college and my final project is to create a basic pharmacy management software package. I already have basic knowledge of functions, variables and looping. What I am wwondering is how to put something like this together. Im sure all of you are way more experienced with this than I am and Im not asking for code or anything just some ideas to help me get started. Any feedback is greatly appreciated
    :

There are development methods for these kind of things.
    I don't really know about them, since I never took a programming course (taught myself).

However, I can give you a few pointers:
    First of all you need to think about What data you want saved and How you want to store it.
    Then second you have to decide on how you want the interface to be.

Third is putting it all together.

Trust me, it's never this simple though :)

Best Regards,
    Richard

The way I see it... Well, it's all pretty blurry

• HackmanCHackmanC Posts: 441Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by HackmanC at 2007-3-23 12:50:19[/red][/b][hr]
    The best way to learn how to make really good programs is look at other applications developed by good programmers. Visual Basic 6.0 cames with a lot of example applications, from which you can learn. From there .. you can get your own style. :). There are a lot of kinds of applications, database, communications, science, etc. Refer to your line of interest.

And... very important ... before you sit down to write a single line of code, understand the task you want to acomplish, in every way. Write down every idea, design previews with a pencil and a piece of paper of your screens, etc. Believe me.

I have seen some applications that have to be rewritten, in the 90% because them forgot something important.
    ------------------
    : : Hi there guys/girls. Im new at using visual basic and even more so programming but I have found it real fun/interesting. I'm taking an online course at my college and my final project is to create a basic pharmacy management software package. I already have basic knowledge of functions, variables and looping. What I am wwondering is how to put something like this together. Im sure all of you are way more experienced with this than I am and Im not asking for code or anything just some ideas to help me get started. Any feedback is greatly appreciated
    : :
    :
    : There are development methods for these kind of things.
    : I don't really know about them, since I never took a programming course (taught myself).
    :
    : However, I can give you a few pointers:
    : First of all you need to think about What data you want saved and How you want to store it.
    : Then second you have to decide on how you want the interface to be.
    :
    : Third is putting it all together.
    :
    : Trust me, it's never this simple though :)
    :
    : Best Regards,
    : Richard
    :
    : The way I see it... Well, it's all pretty blurry
    :
    :

[red]Good luck![/red]
    [blue]Hackman[/blue]