Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Communication between Z80 and KIO Z84C90. What is Register 14?

I have designed a card for communication between my Z80 and a PC via RS232. I use the KIO Z84C90 (including CTC and SIO) and MAX232.
I think I have programmed the CTC and the Serial Channel 0 correctly, but it still doesnt work. I have assumed that I shall use the same commands as for the Z8430 CTC and the Z8440 SIO. Have I done right so far?
Now I have seen that the KIO has a Register 14 KIO Command. I suspect that I have to write something in that register, but I cant find any documentation about this register. Do you have information about how to program the KIO, and information about Register 14 - KIO Command?
Please give me a clue.
Many thanks in advance.
CG