Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Is this possible....

TheAnswer1313TheAnswer1313 Member Posts: 3
Im signed up to a messageboard however there are certain forums that I cant see or access since I do not have access to them....is it possible for me to gain access to these forums some way?

Comments

• IDKIDK Member Posts: 1,784
    : Im signed up to a messageboard however there are certain forums that I cant see or access since I do not have access to them....is it possible for me to gain access to these forums some way?
    :

Yes
  • TheAnswer1313TheAnswer1313 Member Posts: 3
    : : Im signed up to a messageboard however there are certain forums that I cant see or access since I do not have access to them....is it possible for me to gain access to these forums some way?
    : :
    :
    : Yes
    :

How so?
    [b][red]This message was edited by IDK at 2007-3-20 8:5:19[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Im signed up to a messageboard however there are certain forums that I cant see or access since I do not have access to them....is it possible for me to gain access to these forums some way?
    : : :
    : : Yes
    :
    : How so?
    :

Are you being presented with an option to log in or otherwise verify your ((fictional) admin) identity?

• TheAnswer1313TheAnswer1313 Member Posts: 3
    : [b][red]This message was edited by IDK at 2007-3-20 8:5:19[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : Im signed up to a messageboard however there are certain forums that I cant see or access since I do not have access to them....is it possible for me to gain access to these forums some way?
    : : : :
    : : : Yes
    : : How so?
    :
    : Are you being presented with an option to log in or otherwise verify your ((fictional) admin) identity?
    :
    :
    Im able to log in as me, but im restricted to certain forums. I dont necessary want to log in as an admin, but rather gain access to these forums from my username. Tho i would imagine an admin would have to give me rights....i was just wondering if there was someway i couldnt get in.

: : [b][red]This message was edited by IDK at 2007-3-20 8:5:19[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : : Im signed up to a messageboard however there are certain forums that I cant see or access since I do not have access to them....is it possible for me to gain access to these forums some way?
    : : : : :
    : : : : Yes
    : : : How so?
    : : Are you being presented with an option to log in or otherwise verify your ((fictional) admin) identity?
    : Im able to log in as me, but im restricted to certain forums. I dont necessary want to log in as an admin, but rather gain access to these forums from my username. Tho i would imagine an admin would have to give me rights....i was just wondering if there was someway i couldnt get in.
    :
    :

Yes, and it's pretty easy...
    Gain root access to the server comp, and then change your user previleges. Then do what you want. Next go back and change your previleges back.
  • mikeyjuly75mikeyjuly75 Member Posts: 14
    This post has been deleted.