Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Uploading an excel or csv file into the server

LeelyaLeelya Posts: 4Member
Hi ppl,

My problem is i need to upload an excel or csv file into the server. Dat is working perfectly, but while uploading if the file consists of some non printable characters like
, , it should scrubb off these characters and upload it into the server. How to scrubb these values and send it to the server.
I'm using Eclipse framework. Coding in java...
Anbody can post the code here??

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hi ppl,
    :
    : My problem is i need to upload an excel or csv file into the server. Dat is working perfectly, but while uploading if the file consists of some non printable characters like
    , , it should scrubb off these characters and upload it into the server. How to scrubb these values and send it to the server.
    : I'm using Eclipse framework. Coding in java...
    : Anbody can post the code here??
    :
    First the client should read the file and do a global replace to an empty substring of all the characters you don't want to include. Then it should write that data into a temporary file. Finally it can upload that file to the server, while giving it the original name.
    Beware: In case of most files this will corrupt the file, making it unreadable by programs.
  • LeelyaLeelya Posts: 4Member
    : : Hi ppl,
    : :
    : : My problem is i need to upload an excel or csv file into the server. Dat is working perfectly, but while uploading if the file consists of some non printable characters like
    : : I'm using Eclipse framework. Coding in java...
    : : Anbody can post the code here??
    : First the client should read the file and do a global replace to an empty substring of all the characters you don't want to include. Then it should write that data into a temporary file. Finally it can upload that file to the server, while giving it the original name.
    : Beware: In case of most files this will corrupt the file, making it unreadable by programs.
    :

I tried everything dat is possible and to my knowledge, but i'm not able to resolve this issue. Can anyone help me with the code? How to find the
    characters in the excel file?? Clarify

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : : : Hi ppl,
    : : :
    : : : My problem is i need to upload an excel or csv file into the server. Dat is working perfectly, but while uploading if the file consists of some non printable characters like
    : : : I'm using Eclipse framework. Coding in java...
    : : : Anbody can post the code here??
    : : :
    : : First the client should read the file and do a global replace to an empty substring of all the characters you don't want to include. Then it should write that data into a temporary file. Finally it can upload that file to the server, while giving it the original name.
    : : Beware: In case of most files this will corrupt the file, making it unreadable by programs.
    :
    :
    : I tried everything dat is possible and to my knowledge, but i'm not able to resolve this issue. Can anyone help me with the code? How to find the
    characters in the excel file?? Clarify
    :
    :
    The code is dependant on the storage of the file. For a string you can use the String.indexOf(string, int) or String.replace(char, char) method. For an array of bytes/char you need to use a for-loop to loop through all the elements. A Collection based storage can use the "foreach"-statement.
  • kondrukondru Posts: 1Member
    : : Hi Guys,
    : : My problem is i need to upload an excel file into the server in a temparary location. My jsp page has two input fileds where it taks two excel sheets. when i click the submit button the data will store in temp location in the server( i am using weblogic server).i dont know how to store the file content into the server.it has to read the file content. when i retriving the data from the server( file content in the temp location) again we have to display the content into the excel file.
    : : I'm using Eclipse framework. Coding in java...
    : : Anbody can post the code here ASAP??
    : First the client should read the file. Then it should write that data into a temporary file. Finally it can upload that file to the server, while giving it the original name.