Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Using classes and modules

bsaucerbsaucer Posts: 40Member
I recently wrote a VB application which refers to a class and a module (each in separate VB files). I am now writing an ASP.Net web app and would like to use the same class and module in this application. However, the main code cannot recognize the class or the module, and they cannot recognize each other. Am I missing something?

Comments

• iwilld0itiwilld0it Posts: 1,134Member
    - How are u using the class?
    - Are your class and modules defined in a namespace?
    You may have to import the namespace depending on how you are using the class.

: I recently wrote a VB application which refers to a class and a module (each in separate VB files). I am now writing an ASP.Net web app and would like to use the same class and module in this application. However, the main code cannot recognize the class or the module, and they cannot recognize each other. Am I missing something?
    :

• bsaucerbsaucer Posts: 40Member
    The class contains properties, methods, and operators. I am creating instances of the class and calling its members.

There are two modules. One works in conjunction with the class. The second module uses the class and calls methods in the first module. Each module has public methods. The web app calls a method in the second module.

I tried putting the class and module in namespaces and importing them in the web app, and also importing the first namespace in the second. However, the files still don't recognize each other's namespaces. It's as if each file is isolated from the others.

: - How are u using the class?
    : - Are your class and modules defined in a namespace?
    : You may have to import the namespace depending on how you are using the class.
    :
    :
    : : I recently wrote a VB application which refers to a class and a module (each in separate VB files). I am now writing an ASP.Net web app and would like to use the same class and module in this application. However, the main code cannot recognize the class or the module, and they cannot recognize each other. Am I missing something?
    : :
    :
    :