Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New to programming, need some help.

OrexxerOOrexxerO Member Posts: 1
What does a nesting error mean? I know what a syntax error is. But my lines of code are not down to the 17th line, its a farily simple program. But when I try running it it says nesting error at line 17.

WHat is a nesting error? This was never explained in the programming tutorials. And why would it be at line 17?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• moneomoneo Member Posts: 39
    : What does a nesting error mean? I know what a syntax error is. But my lines of code are not down to the 17th line, its a farily simple program. But when I try running it it says nesting error at line 17.
    :
    : WHat is a nesting error? This was never explained in the programming tutorials. And why would it be at line 17?
    :
    : Any help would be appreciated.
    :
    :
    Hi Ore,

The QuicBasic 4.5 compiler identifies a "Nested function definition" compile-time error, which could be your problem. This occurs when a function is defined inside of another function or inside of an IF...THEN...ELSE clause.

In order to better help you, please post a copy of your program, and also tell us whether you're using QuickBasic or QBasic interpreted or complied, as well as the version number.

Regards..... Moneo