Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Two errors need help

i get two different errors depending on which approach i take to display information from to different tables in my Access DB. The code is as follows:

'Populate SQL to get member info
SELECT tblPictures.Picture, tblPictures.ProfilePic, tblMembers.MemberID, tblMembers.Sex, tblMembers.City, tblMembers.State, tblMembers.Country, tblMembers.LoginName, tblMembers.Headline, tblMembers.Television, tblMembers.Orentation, tblMembers.Hobbies, tblMembers.HereFor, tblMembers.Music, tblMembers.Movies, tblMembers.Books, tblMembers.MaritalStatus, tblMembers.BodyType, tblMembers.Smoke, tblMembers.Drink, tblMembers.AboutMe, tblMembers.Occupation, tblMembers.Children, tblMembers.Religion, tblMembers.Ethnicity, tblMembers.GeneralInterest, tblMembers.Heros, tblMembers.LikeToMeet, tblMembers.Education FROM tblMembers INNER JOIN tblPictures ON tblMembers.MemberID = tblPictures.MemberID WHERE tblPictures.ProfilePic=True AND tblMembers.MemberID=[member ID in this case 2];"

oRS.open SQL, oConn, 3

'--- Populate vText - BEGIN ---
vText = "
"
vText = vText & ""

error when calling for the LoginName. I get ADODB.Recordset (0x800A0CC1) Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal. When calling for it as it is in the code above. However, if I were to take out the tblMembers part of it so its just LoginName I get this error: (0x80020009) Exception occurred. The querry works fine in the DB. IDK whats up with that. Any ideas?
" & oRS.fields("tblMembers.LoginName") & "

Comments

• WEBMASTERWEBMASTER Posts: 549Member
    Perhaps the record set is empty after

oRS.open SQL, oConn, 3 ????

Make sure the oRS contains data by doing a

if oRS.eof=false then

: '--- Populate vText - BEGIN ---

end if

[blue][italic][b]/WEBMASTER[/b][/italic][/blue]