Sending emails quietly?

What I need is some help regarding emails. I've made a debug routine that checks for a log file. If it exists then it is supposed to send this file quietly to me so I can understand what caused the crash. Now how do I go about sending the email?

Comments

• [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2007-2-28 7:11:1[/red][/b][hr]
    : What I need is some help regarding emails. I've made a debug routine that checks for a log file. If it exists then it is supposed to send this file quietly to me so I can understand what caused the crash. Now how do I go about sending the email?
    :
    In VB 6 you can use CDO object (Microsoft CDO For Exchange 2000 or Microsoft CDO 1.21 Library in Project/Reference list). Something like that:
    [code]
    Dim objSendMail As New CDO.Message
    Dim strFilePathName As String
    strFilePathName = "C:/Logfile/LogFile1.log"
    With objSendMail
    .From = "[email protected]"
    .To = "[email protected]"
    .Body = "Log File is here!"
    .Subject = "Problem!"
    .AddAttachment (strFilePathName)
    .Importance = 1
    .Send
    End With

Set objSendMail = Nothing

End Sub
    [/code]
    To use that SMPT service must be run on machine where exe file will be resided.

• Thanks I tried to use this code, but all I have is Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000, so there where some errors in the code but I seam to have straightened them out by now.

I'm however get an error when trying to send the email. Most likely to be inflicted by the stetement below:

: To use that SMPT service must be run on machine where exe file will be resided.
    :

So how do I launch that on my computer under XP? Is it enough to activate Outlook for i/o traffic?

Thanks in advance!
  • : I'm however get an error when trying to send the email. Most likely to be inflicted by the stetement below:
    :
    : : To use that SMPT service must be run on machine where exe file will be resided.
    : :
    Not exactly. If SMTP is not running, message won't be sent without any error/warning. To run SMTP go to:
    Control Panel-Administrative Tools-Internet Information Services-Computername(local computer) - [b]Right click[/b] on Default SMTP Virtual Server -Start

What Error did you get? Post your code and highlight line where Error appeared.