How to Blink Text - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How to Blink Text

jbassmanpjbassmanp Posts: 160Member
I want to force a string of text to blink. Is there a command or property for this. Need it to set up an alert situation..

Comments

• DrMartenDrMarten Posts: 748Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by DrMarten at 2007-3-23 13:25:58[/red][/b][hr]
    : I want to force a string of text to blink. Is there a command or property for this. Need it to set up an alert situation..
    :

Hi,

Flash textBox1.text every 1/2 second>>

[code]
    Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    '500 is equal to half a second.
    Timer1.Interval = 500
    Timer1.Enabled = True
    Timer1.Start()
    End Sub

Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
    If Timer1.Tag = True Then
    TextBox1.Text = "Hi there!!"
    Timer1.Tag = False
    Else
    TextBox1.Clear()
    Timer1.Tag = True
    End If
    End Sub
    [/code]

You could alternate the colours too.>>
    [code]
    Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
    TextBox1.Text = "Hi there!!"
    If Timer1.Tag = True Then
    TextBox1.ForeColor = Color.Black
    TextBox1.BackColor = Color.White
    Timer1.Tag = False
    Else
    TextBox1.ForeColor = Color.White
    TextBox1.BackColor = Color.Black
    Timer1.Tag = True
    End If
    End Sub
    [/code]

Regards,

S_DS

• jbassmanpjbassmanp Posts: 160Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by jbassmanp at 2007-3-24 9:22:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : [b][red]This message was edited by DrMarten at 2007-3-23 13:25:58[/red][/b][hr]
    : : I want to force a string of text to blink. Is there a command or property for this. Need it to set up an alert situation..
    : :
    :
    : Hi,
    :
    : Flash textBox1.text every 1/2 second>>
    :
    : [code]
    : Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    : '500 is equal to half a second.
    : Timer1.Interval = 500
    : Timer1.Enabled = True
    : Timer1.Start()
    : End Sub
    :
    : Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
    : If Timer1.Tag = True Then
    : TextBox1.Text = "Hi there!!"
    : Timer1.Tag = False
    : Else
    : TextBox1.Clear()
    : Timer1.Tag = True
    : End If
    : [/code]
    :
    : You could alternate the colours too.>>
    : [code]
    : Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
    : TextBox1.Text = "Hi there!!"
    : If Timer1.Tag = True Then
    : TextBox1.ForeColor = Color.Black
    : TextBox1.BackColor = Color.White
    : Timer1.Tag = False
    : Else
    : TextBox1.ForeColor = Color.White
    : TextBox1.BackColor = Color.Black
    : Timer1.Tag = True
    : End If
    : [/code]
    :
    :
    : Regards,
    :
    : S_DS
    :
    :
    Hi, I had forgotten about this enquiry I found something else but I will try this method, because I really wanted a flash situation. I was using the timer and some of the same code didn't work so under time constrains I moved on will go back and update.... Thanks in advance.

Hey Doc. all is fine, it works great. I was close with my code but not quite there. Thanks again.....

• DrMartenDrMarten Posts: 748Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by DrMarten at 2007-3-24 10:56:58[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : I want to force a string of text to blink. Is there a command or property for this. Need it to set up an alert situation..
    : : :
    : : Hi,
    : : Flash textBox1.text every 1/2 second>>
    : : [code]
    : : Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    : : '500 is equal to half a second.
    : : Timer1.Interval = 500
    : : Timer1.Enabled = True
    : : Timer1.Start()
    : : End Sub
    : : Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
    : : If Timer1.Tag = True Then
    : : TextBox1.Text = "Hi there!!"
    : : Timer1.Tag = False
    : : Else
    : : TextBox1.Clear()
    : : Timer1.Tag = True
    : : End If
    : : [/code]
    : : You could alternate the colours too.>>
    : : [code]
    : : Private Sub Timer1_Tick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Timer1.Tick
    : : TextBox1.Text = "Hi there!!"
    : : If Timer1.Tag = True Then
    : : TextBox1.ForeColor = Color.Black
    : : TextBox1.BackColor = Color.White
    : : Timer1.Tag = False
    : : Else
    : : TextBox1.ForeColor = Color.White
    : : TextBox1.BackColor = Color.Black
    : : Timer1.Tag = True
    : : End If
    : : [/code]
    : : Regards,
    : : S_DS
    : Hi, I had forgotten about this enquiry I found something else but I will try this method, because I really wanted a flash situation. I was using the timer and some of the same code didn't work so under time constrains I moved on will go back and update.... Thanks in advance.
    :
    : Hey Doc. all is fine, it works great. I was close with my code but not quite there. Thanks again.....

====================================================================

Hi,

Your welcome. :-)

I was thinking of extending the Sub to pass the text to Flash ByVal, i'm sure you can manage that though.

I also thought of two buttons to either Start / Stop the timer or/and make the flashing textBox Visible or not.

Regards,

Dr M.

P.S.

By the way i've been away from these forums for a while on the MS VB.Net forums at
    http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=10&SiteID=1 as user
    i.d.[b][blue] Spidermans_DarkSide [/blue][/b] and busy with the University course i'm on.