vb4 16 bit to 32 bit - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

vb4 16 bit to 32 bit

sunburnsunburn Posts: 2Member
Hello I have a small program that was compiled on 286 hardware with qbasic or vb 4 16 bit and need to get the source code recompiled with vb4 32 bit so it will run on newer hardware. I have the vb4 16 bit software running on 3.11 windows, but the 32 bit vb in not installed. So I am looking for someone to compile this small program with vb4 32 bit.

Thanks in advance.

Barry

Comments

• aaronjones3593aaronjones3593 Posts: 122Member
    : Hello I have a small program that was compiled on 286 hardware with qbasic or vb 4 16 bit and need to get the source code recompiled with vb4 32 bit so it will run on newer hardware. I have the vb4 16 bit software running on 3.11 windows, but the 32 bit vb in not installed. So I am looking for someone to compile this small program with vb4 32 bit.
    :
    : Thanks in advance.
    :
    : Barry
    :

Copy the source code to a text file or something, save it on a floppy or whatever and put it in a 32-bit machine and compile it there?

Hope that helps.

-( Aaron )-
    "Pain doesn't hurt, if it's all you've ever felt."

• dokken2dokken2 Posts: 532Member
    : : Hello I have a small program that was compiled on 286 hardware with qbasic or vb 4 16 bit and need to get the source code recompiled with vb4 32 bit so it will run on newer hardware. I have the vb4 16 bit software running on 3.11 windows, but the 32 bit vb in not installed. So I am looking for someone to compile this small program with vb4 32 bit.
    : :
    : : Thanks in advance.
    : : Barry
    :
    : Copy the source code to a text file or something, save it on a floppy or whatever and put it in a 32-bit machine and compile it there?
    :
    : Hope that helps.
    :
    :
    Incorrect. VB4 provided the feature to compile to both 16 or 32 bit code. I had a copy of VB4 but replaced it with VB6 and 2003. I don't know if the VB-express edition will read those old files.
  • sunburnsunburn Posts: 2Member
    no problem with coping the files to another machine , but I do not have the orginal vb4 install files. I have a system with vb6, and tried to compile the source with vb6, but had a lot of errors when trying to run the file. After doing some reading , I think this will work if it is compiled with Vb 4 32 bit version. Any ideas?

Barry

: : : Hello I have a small program that was compiled on 286 hardware with qbasic or vb 4 16 bit and need to get the source code recompiled with vb4 32 bit so it will run on newer hardware. I have the vb4 16 bit software running on 3.11 windows, but the 32 bit vb in not installed. So I am looking for someone to compile this small program with vb4 32 bit.
    : : :
    : : : Thanks in advance.
    : : : Barry
    : : Copy the source code to a text file or something, save it on a floppy or whatever and put it in a 32-bit machine and compile it there?
    : : Hope that helps.
    : Incorrect. VB4 provided the feature to compile to both 16 or 32 bit code. I had a copy of VB4 but replaced it with VB6 and 2003. I don't know if the VB-express edition will read those old files.
    :

• BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    : no problem with coping the files to another machine , but I do not have the orginal vb4 install files. I have a system with vb6, and tried to compile the source with vb6, but had a lot of errors when trying to run the file. After doing some reading , I think this will work if it is compiled with Vb 4 32 bit version. Any ideas?
    :
    : Barry
    :

Translate the code into VB6? All you need to do is replace maybe a couple of functions, and a couple of syntaxes.

Best Regards,
    Richard

The way I see it... Well, it's all pretty blurry