Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

vb4 16 bit to 32 bit

sunburnsunburn Posts: 2Member
Hello I have a small program that was compiled on 286 hardware with qbasic or vb 4 16 bit and need to get the source code recompiled with vb4 32 bit so it will run on newer hardware. I have the vb4 16 bit software running on 3.11 windows, but the 32 bit vb in not installed. So I am looking for someone to compile this small program with vb4 32 bit.

Thanks in advance.

Barry

Comments

• aaronjones3593aaronjones3593 Posts: 122Member
    : Hello I have a small program that was compiled on 286 hardware with qbasic or vb 4 16 bit and need to get the source code recompiled with vb4 32 bit so it will run on newer hardware. I have the vb4 16 bit software running on 3.11 windows, but the 32 bit vb in not installed. So I am looking for someone to compile this small program with vb4 32 bit.
    :
    : Thanks in advance.
    :
    : Barry
    :

Copy the source code to a text file or something, save it on a floppy or whatever and put it in a 32-bit machine and compile it there?

Hope that helps.

-( Aaron )-
    "Pain doesn't hurt, if it's all you've ever felt."

• dokken2dokken2 Posts: 532Member
    : : Hello I have a small program that was compiled on 286 hardware with qbasic or vb 4 16 bit and need to get the source code recompiled with vb4 32 bit so it will run on newer hardware. I have the vb4 16 bit software running on 3.11 windows, but the 32 bit vb in not installed. So I am looking for someone to compile this small program with vb4 32 bit.
    : :
    : : Thanks in advance.
    : : Barry
    :
    : Copy the source code to a text file or something, save it on a floppy or whatever and put it in a 32-bit machine and compile it there?
    :
    : Hope that helps.
    :
    :
    Incorrect. VB4 provided the feature to compile to both 16 or 32 bit code. I had a copy of VB4 but replaced it with VB6 and 2003. I don't know if the VB-express edition will read those old files.
  • sunburnsunburn Posts: 2Member
    no problem with coping the files to another machine , but I do not have the orginal vb4 install files. I have a system with vb6, and tried to compile the source with vb6, but had a lot of errors when trying to run the file. After doing some reading , I think this will work if it is compiled with Vb 4 32 bit version. Any ideas?

Barry

: : : Hello I have a small program that was compiled on 286 hardware with qbasic or vb 4 16 bit and need to get the source code recompiled with vb4 32 bit so it will run on newer hardware. I have the vb4 16 bit software running on 3.11 windows, but the 32 bit vb in not installed. So I am looking for someone to compile this small program with vb4 32 bit.
    : : :
    : : : Thanks in advance.
    : : : Barry
    : : Copy the source code to a text file or something, save it on a floppy or whatever and put it in a 32-bit machine and compile it there?
    : : Hope that helps.
    : Incorrect. VB4 provided the feature to compile to both 16 or 32 bit code. I had a copy of VB4 but replaced it with VB6 and 2003. I don't know if the VB-express edition will read those old files.
    :

• BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    : no problem with coping the files to another machine , but I do not have the orginal vb4 install files. I have a system with vb6, and tried to compile the source with vb6, but had a lot of errors when trying to run the file. After doing some reading , I think this will work if it is compiled with Vb 4 32 bit version. Any ideas?
    :
    : Barry
    :

Translate the code into VB6? All you need to do is replace maybe a couple of functions, and a couple of syntaxes.

Best Regards,
    Richard

The way I see it... Well, it's all pretty blurry