Can we use Networking or Databases in Turbo C++

[b][red]This message was edited by _KAV_DAS at 2007-2-26 23:1:55[/red][/b][hr]
Hi

I have to make a program in turbo c++ which has client-server interaction.Is it possible. If yes then please help me. and tell me that how can we have a client server interaction in Turbo C++ v3.0

Also can we access Database of SQL SERVER 2000 using Turbo c++

The program is a railway management system.
I have to store the whole data on a server and then have to access that data from a client.

Comments

• : [b][red]This message was edited by _KAV_DAS at 2007-2-26 23:1:55[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi
    :
    : I have to make a program in turbo c++ which has client-server interaction.Is it possible. If yes then please help me. and tell me that how can we have a client server interaction in Turbo C++ v3.0
    :
    : Also can we access Database of SQL SERVER 2000 using Turbo c++
    :
    : The program is a railway management system.
    : I have to store the whole data on a server and then have to access that data from a client.
    :
    :

No you won't be able to do that with TC++. Stop torturing yourself and get a modern compiler.

www.turboexplorer.com
    www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html
  • [b][red]This message was edited by _KAV_DAS at 2007-2-28 2:29:51[/red][/b][hr]

: : [b][red]This message was written by _KAV_DAS at 2007-2-26 23:1:55[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hi
    : :
    : : I have to make a program in turbo c++ which has client-server interaction.Is it possible. If yes then please help me. and tell me that how can we have a client server interaction in Turbo C++ v3.0
    : : Also can we access Database of SQL SERVER 2000 using Turbo c++
    : : The program is a railway management system.
    : : I have to store the whole data on a server and then have to access that data from a client.
    :
    :
    : No you won't be able to do that with TC++. Stop torturing yourself and get a modern compiler.
    :
    : www.turboexplorer.com
    : www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html
    :
    So What should I do to do this. I this possible with a modern compiler,
    Can you give me any Idea regarding this?
    Are these links of a modern compiler. Do they have the same structure TC++ has? PLEASE HELP ME.....

• : [b][red]This message was edited by _KAV_DAS at 2007-2-28 2:29:51[/red][/b][hr]
    :
    : : : [b][red]This message was written by _KAV_DAS at 2007-2-26 23:1:55[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Hi
    : : :
    : : : I have to make a program in turbo c++ which has client-server interaction.Is it possible. If yes then please help me. and tell me that how can we have a client server interaction in Turbo C++ v3.0
    : : : Also can we access Database of SQL SERVER 2000 using Turbo c++
    : : : The program is a railway management system.
    : : : I have to store the whole data on a server and then have to access that data from a client.
    : : No you won't be able to do that with TC++. Stop torturing yourself and get a modern compiler.
    : : www.turboexplorer.com
    : : www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html
    : So What should I do to do this. I this possible with a modern compiler,
    : Can you give me any Idea regarding this?
    : Are these links of a modern compiler. Do they have the same structure TC++ has? PLEASE HELP ME.....
    :

Yes it is possible to do with modern compilers as those I linked to. Not sure what you mean with "structure". They come with common Windows IDEs and work like text editors. Turbo Builder is filled to the brim with other stuff as well, but you can still use it for basic programs.

Client/server is really a fuzzy term. Do you wish do connect over a LAN network or the internet? In that case you'll want to learn about socket programming. Necessary knowledge before you learn that would be the TCP/IP protocol and Windows API programming.
    Info about sockets in Windows here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winsock.

Regarding DB: I think the most common way would be to use a ODBC connection to connect to the SQL DB. How to do so is very compiler-specific, you'll have to check up the documentation of the compiler you chose. Microsoft has for example a tendency to release 10 new non-standard ways to connect to databases with every version of their Visual Studio.

(Fortunately) I haven't worked with databases during the past five years or so, so I don't remember much of the details, but I'm sure someone else on these boards can help you out with it as soon as you have decided which compiler to use.