Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

what's wrong with IP Address control

dededede Member Posts: 145
Hi.
I've tried to add IP Address control in my Dialog and the dialog didn't show up. I included commctrl.h. How can I use one, I had this problem also with other controls not only the IP control. How do I solve this problem?
dede:-)

Comments

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : Hi.
    : I've tried to add IP Address control in my Dialog and the dialog didn't show up. I included commctrl.h. How can I use one, I had this problem also with other controls not only the IP control. How do I solve this problem?
    : dede:-)
    :
    [blue]Including the .H is good, but you need more. Did you call InitCommonControlsEx()? Also, do not forget to link comctl32.lib to your project.[/blue]
  • dededede Member Posts: 145
    [b][red]This message was edited by dede at 2007-3-2 17:24:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hi.
    : : I've tried to add IP Address control in my Dialog and the dialog didn't show up. I included commctrl.h. How can I use one, I had this problem also with other controls not only the IP control. How do I solve this problem?
    : : dede:-)
    : :
    : [blue]Including the .H is good, but you need more. Did you call InitCommonControlsEx()? Also, do not forget to link comctl32.lib to your project.[/blue]
    :
    I tried InitCommonControls(); and the extended version :(.
    and #pragma commented the comctl32.lib. still didn't
    work. InitCommonControlsEx() takes two params,but I couldn't know what should I set them to.. any help please? how would you code it if you were me? one more thing,, about the IP values, do i deal with it as one variable or arrays?
    dede:-)

• AsmGuru62AsmGuru62 Member Posts: 6,519
    : [b][red]This message was edited by dede at 2007-3-2 17:24:22[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Hi.
    : : : I've tried to add IP Address control in my Dialog and the dialog didn't show up. I included commctrl.h. How can I use one, I had this problem also with other controls not only the IP control. How do I solve this problem?
    : : : dede:-)
    : : :
    : : [blue]Including the .H is good, but you need more. Did you call InitCommonControlsEx()? Also, do not forget to link comctl32.lib to your project.[/blue]
    : :
    : I tried InitCommonControls(); and the extended version :(.
    : and #pragma commented the comctl32.lib. still didn't
    : work. InitCommonControlsEx() takes two params,but I couldn't know what should I set them to.. any help please? how would you code it if you were me? one more thing,, about the IP values, do i deal with it as one variable or arrays?
    : dede:-)
    :
    :
    :
    :
    [blue]Try this link (I never used the control, so I do not have any code):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/ipaddress/reflist.asp
    [/blue]