Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Program to test my knowledge

HI, I am usually a C#/ C++/ Java programmer, but I am required to program in VB.net for a school course I am doing. I am a pretty confident programmer, and I have scanned through a couple of VB.net books, but I am really stuck for ideas for a program that will test my knowledge of VB.net to see what I need to work on, any ideas?

Comments

• TheBlakDrag0nTheBlakDrag0n Posts: 10Member
    What about a basic business database program? I'm actually trying to teach myself vb.net and this is what I'm trying out:

Program will:

-Take transaction input
    -Create receipts
    -Store all data in a remote mySQL database

Sounds basic, but it got complicated quick for me! :-)
    [hr]
    Don't be afraid to correct me if I'm wrong...nobody knows it all!! :-)

http://www.bsbweb.net
  • CbaCba Posts: 1Member

How to make a multi player cardgame over network? I'm trying to find code that allow me to make a cardgame work over internet ( client server) but do not have the knowledge/experiance to code the network part for it. The game itself I think I can mannage. What I need is a visual basic 2010 Express code snippet that deals with the sending of an array to the client who sends the same array back after recieving ( for controle of good reception ). Need the server and client code. I hope you can come up with something. Or at least push me in the right direction. If not interested then let me a small message thnx

• Lars_HagelinLars_Hagelin Posts: 8Administrator admin

Hello Cba, this is really not my expertise but I think you might be able to use part of this open source code: http://sourceforge.net/projects/blackj21/?source=directory. Pls let me know if it works