display tips when place mouse on text - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

display tips when place mouse on text

LisaHaoLisaHao Posts: 5Member
Hello Friends,
I have a questions regarding to a help function.
I am designing a platform where user can drag their mouse to wards a area ( in this case an text output box) The user stops the mouse on the box for more about 2 secs and a bubble with message about the text box should appear.
I dont really know where to start.. I think .net should have a function call that does this .. but I cant seem to find it.

Please help..

Comments

• SonickeaSonickea Posts: 15Member
    Add a ToolTip control to your form, then select your textbox and a new property 'ToolTip on ToolTip#' should appear in the property browser (press F4).

: Hello Friends,
    : I have a questions regarding to a help function.
    : I am designing a platform where user can drag their mouse to wards a area ( in this case an text output box) The user stops the mouse on the box for more about 2 secs and a bubble with message about the text box should appear.
    : I dont really know where to start.. I think .net should have a function call that does this .. but I cant seem to find it.
    :
    : Please help..
    :
    :
    :

• LisaHaoLisaHao Posts: 5Member
    Thank you very much!! I will try it and let you know how it went.

lisa
  • aswinanuaswinanu Posts: 13Member
    hai ,
    i am aswin
    you want to display the text when you drag your mouse oer your items loaded in the form

steps to do :
    go to tool box select and add tool tip item in your form
    then go to form load and type
    dim ttip as new tooltip1
    ttip.active=true
    then go to the item in which you wanted to display your tool tip
    go to the properties of the item and in the tool tip option type the required text then run the program

you can set the time of the tool tip by selecting the tool tip properties