Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Writing to an EXE

AsheboyAsheboy Posts: 23Member
What im trying to do is compare 2 files against each other in binary (done that part) then with the differences, make an EXE to add/subtract them differences to another EXE. I just have no idea AT ALL about how to have my program write an EXE.

Any ideas? Or am i just wasting my time?

Comments

• BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    : What im trying to do is compare 2 files against each other in binary (done that part) then with the differences, make an EXE to add/subtract them differences to another EXE. I just have no idea AT ALL about how to have my program write an EXE.
    :
    : Any ideas? Or am i just wasting my time?
    :

I don't think there is any realistic hope of being able to let a VB program write a new EXE... unless it's sort of a 'template' thing where you have to insert certain blocks of code etc all very complicated and requiring a lot of knowledge of Machine code...

Best Regards,
    Richard

The way I see it... Well, it's all pretty blurry

• AsheboyAsheboy Posts: 23Member
    : : What im trying to do is compare 2 files against each other in binary (done that part) then with the differences, make an EXE to add/subtract them differences to another EXE. I just have no idea AT ALL about how to have my program write an EXE.
    : :
    : : Any ideas? Or am i just wasting my time?
    : :
    :
    : I don't think there is any realistic hope of being able to let a VB program write a new EXE... unless it's sort of a 'template' thing where you have to insert certain blocks of code etc all very complicated and requiring a lot of knowledge of Machine code...
    :
    : Best Regards,
    : Richard
    :
    : The way I see it... Well, it's all pretty blurry
    :
    :

Oh well, thanks anyway:)
    Why does your program need to write an executable anyway? Why not just use your VB EXE to do the task?

Best Regards,
    Richard

Well what im trying to make is a patch maker. It works by comparing two files (one that has been cracked, and one that hasnt). It finds teh differences and then makes an EXE to patch a file to have these differences. I hope its more clear what im trying to do now.
    : Well what im trying to make is a patch maker. It works by comparing two files (one that has been cracked, and one that hasnt). It finds teh differences and then makes an EXE to patch a file to have these differences. I hope its more clear what im trying to do now.
    :

Copy & Paste?

Best Regards,
    Richard

oh well i dont think i can do it. It doesnt matter that much.