Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Showing message

How to show a message on the screen to advise that the programme is trying to locate a record in a very large Table?
I use a label with the caption 'Locating record.Please wait' with its
property Visible set to False at design time.
I use Label1.Visible := True right before the locate function and
Label1.Visible := False after the record is located.

The wording seems logical but the fact is that the label is NEVER shown
on the screen.

Can anyone advise the correct technique to use in order to have the label duly displayed?.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : How to show a message on the screen to advise that the programme is trying to locate a record in a very large Table?
    : I use a label with the caption 'Locating record.Please wait' with its
    : property Visible set to False at design time.
    : I use Label1.Visible := True right before the locate function and
    : Label1.Visible := False after the record is located.
    :
    : The wording seems logical but the fact is that the label is NEVER shown
    : on the screen.
    :
    : Can anyone advise the correct technique to use in order to have the label duly displayed?.
    :
    :
    : Thanks a lot in advance.
    :
    :
    :
    You should call Application.ProcessMessages(), right after setting the visibility. This will allow the program to repaint, before the long process of locating the record starts. It is also advisable to call Application.ProcessMessages() once every so often, so that the applciation doesn't appear to be locked or unresponsive.