bitmap - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

bitmap

goldokhtargoldokhtar Posts: 4Member
how should i make a bitmap file with pascal??
my project is to do a drawing and save it as a bitmap file..
i also want to know how to load it too..thanks

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : how should i make a bitmap file with pascal??
    : my project is to do a drawing and save it as a bitmap file..
    : i also want to know how to load it too..thanks
    :
    A bitmap is nothing more than a header, telling the computer the filetype, size and possibly the palette; followed by the colors, 1 per pixel. If you want to make your bitmap compatible with other graphics programs, I suggest you read the format of the standard bmp-file. Otherwise you can simply store the graphic in a 2D-array and write that to file.
  • goldokhtargoldokhtar Posts: 4Member
    : : how should i make a bitmap file with pascal??
    : : my project is to do a drawing and save it as a bitmap file..
    : : i also want to know how to load it too..thanks
    : :
    : A bitmap is nothing more than a header, telling the computer the filetype, size and possibly the palette; followed by the colors, 1 per pixel. If you want to make your bitmap compatible with other graphics programs, I suggest you read the format of the standard bmp-file. Otherwise you can simply store the graphic in a 2D-array and write that to file.
    :

thanks for answering my question!!
    but could u send me an example in pascal that did the same with the graphic... the part u said store the graphic in a 2D-array...do u mean i put the pixel's color in a 2D-array??what should i say at the beginning when saving it in a file??file of ....???what are the records??
    my email is: [email protected]
    well thanks again.
    bye...
    : : : how should i make a bitmap file with pascal??
    : : : my project is to do a drawing and save it as a bitmap file..
    : : : i also want to know how to load it too..thanks
    : : :
    : : A bitmap is nothing more than a header, telling the computer the filetype, size and possibly the palette; followed by the colors, 1 per pixel. If you want to make your bitmap compatible with other graphics programs, I suggest you read the format of the standard bmp-file. Otherwise you can simply store the graphic in a 2D-array and write that to file.
    :
    : thanks for answering my question!!
    : but could u send me an example in pascal that did the same with the graphic... the part u said store the graphic in a 2D-array...do u mean i put the pixel's color in a 2D-array??what should i say at the beginning when saving it in a file??file of ....???what are the records??
    : my email is: [email protected]
    : well thanks again.
    : bye...
    :
    Indeed, I mean put the pixel's color value or color index to the palette in a 2D-array.
    The header of a windows bitmap can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_bitmap
    Other bitmap header formats can be found on the internet.
    All bitmap files are binary files, you can make it an untyped file, or a file of byte (or char).
    What do you mean by "what are the records"?
  • goldokhtargoldokhtar Posts: 4Member
    : : : : how should i make a bitmap file with pascal??
    : : : : my project is to do a drawing and save it as a bitmap file..
    : : : : i also want to know how to load it too..thanks
    : : : :
    : : : A bitmap is nothing more than a header, telling the computer the filetype, size and possibly the palette; followed by the colors, 1 per pixel. If you want to make your bitmap compatible with other graphics programs, I suggest you read the format of the standard bmp-file. Otherwise you can simply store the graphic in a 2D-array and write that to file.
    : : thanks for answering my question!!
    : : but could u send me an example in pascal that did the same with the graphic... the part u said store the graphic in a 2D-array...do u mean i put the pixel's color in a 2D-array??what should i say at the beginning when saving it in a file??file of ....???what are the records??
    : : my email is: [email protected]
    : : well thanks again.
    : : bye...
    : Indeed, I mean put the pixel's color value or color index to the palette in a 2D-array.
    : The header of a windows bitmap can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_bitmap
    : Other bitmap header formats can be found on the internet.
    : All bitmap files are binary files, you can make it an untyped file, or a file of byte (or char).
    : What do you mean by "what are the records"?
    :

hi...i still don't know how to do it...:(..couldn't figure it out...
    could u write the code for me please...a gaphic in pascal and want to save it as a bitmap file..thanks
    : : : : : how should i make a bitmap file with pascal??
    : : : : : my project is to do a drawing and save it as a bitmap file..
    : : : : : i also want to know how to load it too..thanks
    : : : : :
    : : : : A bitmap is nothing more than a header, telling the computer the filetype, size and possibly the palette; followed by the colors, 1 per pixel. If you want to make your bitmap compatible with other graphics programs, I suggest you read the format of the standard bmp-file. Otherwise you can simply store the graphic in a 2D-array and write that to file.
    : : : :
    : : : thanks for answering my question!!
    : : : but could u send me an example in pascal that did the same with the graphic... the part u said store the graphic in a 2D-array...do u mean i put the pixel's color in a 2D-array??what should i say at the beginning when saving it in a file??file of ....???what are the records??
    : : : my email is: [email protected]
    : : : well thanks again.
    : : : bye...
    : : Indeed, I mean put the pixel's color value or color index to the palette in a 2D-array.
    : : The header of a windows bitmap can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_bitmap
    : : Other bitmap header formats can be found on the internet.
    : : All bitmap files are binary files, you can make it an untyped file, or a file of byte (or char).
    : : What do you mean by "what are the records"?
    :
    : hi...i still don't know how to do it...:(..couldn't figure it out...
    : could u write the code for me please...a gaphic in pascal and want to save it as a bitmap file..thanks
    :
    Here is a simple method, which takes a maximum of 64000 pixels, in any width or length.
    [code]
    type
    TBitmap = record
    Width, Height: word;
    Bitmap: array[0..63999] of byte;
    end;

const
    HeaderID = 'PBM64';

function LoadFromFile(const filename: string): TBitmap;
    var
    f: file;
    FileHeader: string;
    BM: TBitmap;
    begin
    Assign(f, filename);
    Reset(f, 1);
    BM.Width := 0;
    BM.Height := 0;
    if FileSize(f) <> SizeOf(TBitmap)+5 then
    begin
    FileHeader := ' ';
    BlockRead(f, FileHeader[1], 5);
    if FileHeader = HeaderID then
    BlockRead(f, BM, SizeOf(TBitmap));
    end;
    Close(f);
    LoadFromFile := BM;
    end;

procedure SaveToFile(const filename: string; Bitmap: TBitmap);
    var
    f: file;
    begin
    Assign(f, filename);
    Rewrite(f, 1);
    BlockWrite(f, HeaderID[1], 5);
    BlockWrite(f, BM, SizeOf(TBitmap));
    Close(f);
    end;

procedure DrawBitmap(X0, Y0: integer; Bitmap: TBitmap);
    var
    x, y: integer;
    begin
    with Bitmap do
    for y := 0 to Height-1 do
    for x := 0 to Width-1 do
    SetPixel(X0+x, Y0+y, Bitmap[x+y*Width]);
    end;
    [/code]
    This code will not be compatible with existing bitmap-formats.
  • Phat NatPhat Nat Posts: 757Member
    : hi...i still don't know how to do it...:(..couldn't figure it out...
    : could u write the code for me please...a gaphic in pascal and want to save it as a bitmap file..thanks
    :

Not sure how you're doing your graphics, but graphical screens are usually stored in memory at [$A000:0000]. Directly accessing the memory here is quick and easy, especially for a 320x200 256 color screen. Also, it is extremely easy for reading/writing BMP files.

If your using say, 640x480 16 colors, it is a little more difficult as every byte in memory is now actually 2 pixels.

So if you are in graphics mode 320x200x256 and you write:
    Mem[$A000:0000] := 15;
    This will make the Very Top-Left pixel White(Color 15)
    Mem[$A000:0001] := 14;
    This will make the second pixel from the left Yellow(Color 14)
    Now to make the next pixel down on the very left light-blue
    Mem[$A000:0320] := 11;
    since there are 320 pixels in a row.

So what we can do, since we know there are 320 pixels per row is:
    Mem[$A000:x + y*320] := Color;
    where x & y are WORD values and COLOR is a BYTE

Now a 320x200 8-bit (or 256 color) BMP is just one byte per pixel with a header. Just ignore the header and you get the picture.
    If you want to save, it's vise-versa, but you need to write a header.

Here's a unit I put together ages ago for reading. Take a look at it:
    http://www.programmersheaven.com/c/MsgBoard/read.asp?Board=16&MsgID=312573&Setting=A9999F0001

Hope this gives you a start,
    Phat Nat