Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Upload a binary file with vb.net from an xml node

orlijaorlija Posts: 1Member
Hi experts.

I'm trying to upload binary file into an oracle blob field. I retrieve the binary file from an XML document loaded in memory. I'll try to explain this in detail:

1) A page builds an XMLDocument with client code. In a node of this document, it sets the type to binary and attach a local filesystem document. Then, assigns the value to an hidden input field and sends it to itself
2) This page receives the post data, selects the binary content of the xml node and try to insert the binary data into the blob field (server side code).

I show you the code of this two parts:

1) This part works propertly (I only shows it for if it helps you)

function creaObjecte()
{
// create ADO-stream Object
var ado_stream = new ActiveXObject("ADODB.Stream");

// create XML document with default header and primary node
var xml_dom = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument");
xml_dom.loadXML('<?xml version="1.0" ?> ');
// specify namespaces datatypes
xml_dom.documentElement.setAttribute("xmlns:dt", "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes");

// create a new node and set binary content
var l_node1 = xml_dom.createElement("file1");
l_node1.dataType = "bin.base64";
// open stream object and read source file
ado_stream.Type = 1; // 1=adTypeBinary
ado_stream.Open();
ado_stream.LoadFromFile("C:\TEMP\b.pdf");
// store file content into XML node
l_node1.nodeTypedValue = ado_stream.Read(-1); // -1=adReadAll
ado_stream.Close();
xml_dom.documentElement.appendChild(l_node1);

document.getElementById("p_arxiu").value = xml_dom.xml;
}

2) I'm using this code. It inserts data into the blob, but doesn't inserts the binary data correctly (I use a pl/sql procedure for download the binary fields for the moment)

Protected Sub btnenviar_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnenviar.Click

' Cadena de connexi