VB Address system - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

VB Address system

Hello,

i need a program to store address. I havent worked with VB for a while and im a bit rusty, can anyone help.

the headings that i will need are as follows: Flat (yes or no), Flat Name/ Number, Building Name/ Number, Road, Postcode.

I need to use excel. I want the code to be saved in a template. when the template is opened the code will automatically run. when all the dat has been entered a the template will save itself as an excel file in a folder that corrospons with the Road name. i also want it to add the data it has just recieved to a master file with lots of other data. but i want it to make a backup of the master file before it transfers the data over.

Is there anything that anyone can suggest?

I look forward to hearing from you with any ideas.

Regards

Duncan

Comments

• lionblionb Posts: 1,688Member ✭✭
    : Hello,
    :
    : i need a program to store address. I havent worked with VB for a while and im a bit rusty, can anyone help.
    :
    : the headings that i will need are as follows: Flat (yes or no), Flat Name/ Number, Building Name/ Number, Road, Postcode.
    :
    : I need to use excel. I want the code to be saved in a template. when the template is opened the code will automatically run. when all the dat has been entered a the template will save itself as an excel file in a folder that corrospons with the Road name. i also want it to add the data it has just recieved to a master file with lots of other data. but i want it to make a backup of the master file before it transfers the data over.
    :
    : Is there anything that anyone can suggest?
    :
    : I look forward to hearing from you with any ideas.
    :
    : Regards
    :
    : Duncan
    :
    You are on wrong place. Try to find help on VBA messageboard.