Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

[VB6] Winsock/SmtpMailer Times out

ShidoShido Posts: 1Member
Ive never had to deal with windsock and mailers before, so i decided to try other peoples sources and look how they work before trying something on my own. The source i was using worked in all functions but it refused to connect. It had a status box that told what it was doing, etc.

"Will timeout in 100 seconds
Connect socket return value364
Connected to mail.hotmail.com at port 25
1025 364 659292176
10060 - Connection timed out.
Terminating....
Error .. No connection"

ive tried giving it more time to connect, but still nothing.
Im willing to rar the source and upload it if its needed.
thanks.

Comments

• BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    : Ive never had to deal with windsock and mailers before, so i decided to try other peoples sources and look how they work before trying something on my own. The source i was using worked in all functions but it refused to connect. It had a status box that told what it was doing, etc.
    :
    : "Will timeout in 100 seconds
    : Connect socket return value364
    : Connected to mail.hotmail.com at port 25
    : 1025 364 659292176
    : 10060 - Connection timed out.
    : Terminating....
    : Error .. No connection"
    :
    : ive tried giving it more time to connect, but still nothing.
    : Im willing to rar the source and upload it if its needed.
    : thanks.
    :

I'm thinling the problem lies at the hotmail side. It might be protected.
    If you want to be sure, use a program like PuTTy to manually connect to hotmail and manually send commands/send an e-mail and see if it works.
    I know most SMTP servers disconnect after a couple of seconds of inactivity. When doing it manually you need to type fast, else you'll get kicked.

Best Regards,
    Richard