Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

MFC application not working.

bosebonasbosebonas Member Posts: 87
Hi everyone there.
I have a problem with an application written in MFC.
This application runs on any platform having microsoft visual C++ 6.0.
But when run on any other computer,it does not work completely.
If someone can be of help,i will be gratefull.
I will send the appication so you can see for yourself.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• stoberstober Member Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭
    : Hi everyone there.
    : I have a problem with an application written in MFC.
    : This application runs on any platform having microsoft visual C++ 6.0.
    : But when run on any other computer,it does not work completely.
    : If someone can be of help,i will be gratefull.
    : I will send the appication so you can see for yourself.
    : Thanks in advance.
    :
    :

what do you mean "does not work"? Compile for release mode. If you still get errors on program startup that it can not find certain MFC dlls then you will have to install the dlls when you install your program. If you do that you have to check the version of the dlls already on the target computer with the dlls you want to install and install yours only if they are either (1) not on the target computer or (2) if the dll on the target computer is older than yours. Installation programs such as InstallShield have those checks already built into them.

• bosebonasbosebonas Member Posts: 87
    Let me reformulate myself.
    When i run it on my computer(or any computer having the visual studio 6.0 ),it runs very well,but somebody tries to run it on his machine ,it doesn't start.
    If you like i can send the files to you so you can verify.
    Thanks for the help.

• stoberstober Member Posts: 9,765 ✭✭✭
    : Let me reformulate myself.
    : When i run it on my computer(or any computer having the visual studio 6.0 ),it runs very well,but somebody tries to run it on his machine ,it doesn't start.
    : If you like i can send the files to you so you can verify.
    : Thanks for the help.
    :
    :

the os should display an error message that tells you what DLLs it is looking for. Also, the CD that VC++ is on contains a redistributable directory that contains all the DLLs required by MFC programs.
  • bosebonasbosebonas Member Posts: 87
    : : Let me reformulate myself.
    : : When i run it on my computer(or any computer having the visual studio 6.0 ),it runs very well,but somebody tries to run it on his machine ,it doesn't start.
    : : If you like i can send the files to you so you can verify.
    : : Thanks for the help.
    : :
    : :
    :
    : the os should display an error message that tells you what DLLs it is looking for. Also, the CD that VC++ is on contains a redistributable directory that contains all the DLLs required by MFC programs.
    :
    The problem is that the application makes as if it wants to start then after that ,nothing.
    Meet me on messenger so i can send the application so you can test and see for yourself.