Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

need help to undestand action listener

tonynhaddadtonynhaddad Posts: 2Member
i need help to undestand action listener
how can i understand it well
can anybody help me

Comments

• locoloco Posts: 173Member
    : i need help to undestand action listener
    : how can i understand it well
    : can anybody help me
    :
    :

Hi

I dont know what you mean by action listener. But if you are talking about events, here is my understanding of events:

-> An event handler is an interrupt routine

An example is of it is the serialPort interrupt:

[blue]
    serialPort1.DataReceived += new SerialDataReceivedEventHandler(serialPort1_DataReceived);

void serialPort1_DataReceived(object sender, SerialDataReceivedEventArgs e)
    {
    MessageBox.Show("Serial port interrupt routine");
    }
    [/blue]

So in this case if there is data on the serial port, the program would automatically stop what it was doing and it will go to the function serialPort1_DataReceived(), and it will display the messagebox saying "Serial port interrupt routine". After completing the routine, the program would then automatically continue where it left off when the interrupt occured.

loco