Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Help drawing a map

haz33haz33 Posts: 11Member
I'm hoping someone here can give me a hand. I have an Oracle database that contains approximately 35,000 nodes and 35,000 segments. I want to be able to plot these onto a form (or picture box or whatever) in VB 2005.

The intent is to be able to draw a map of sorts such that you can zoom in on one area or pan around the map. This can be a problem since 35,000 nodes and segments can take a long time to draw. So I'm looking for the best way to do it.

Here's the catch. The nodes cannot be "dumb" graphics. I need events for these nodes to accomplish certain tasks when the user clicks on them, etc. So for the nodes, I'd need some kind of control with events.

Thanks!