Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

old programer in turbo pascal

t.lawlert.lawler Posts: 5Member
I have not written any code for 5 years . however I would like to start writeing again. What language works with windows xp.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I have not written any code for 5 years . however I would like to start writeing again. What language works with windows xp.
    :
    Delphi or FreePascal. Both are pascal languages, but further advanced. They can both run old TP code to some extent.
  • t.lawlert.lawler Posts: 5Member
    : : I have not written any code for 5 years . however I would like to start writeing again. What language works with windows xp.
    : :
    : Delphi or FreePascal. Both are pascal languages, but further advanced. They can both run old TP code to some extent.
    :

: : : I have not written any code for 5 years . however I would like to start writeing again. What language works with windows xp.
    : : :
    : : Delphi or FreePascal. Both are pascal languages, but further advanced. They can both run old TP code to some extent.
    :
    :
    Many thanks
    : : : : I have not written any code for 5 years . however I would like to start writeing again. What language works with windows xp.
    : : : :
    : : : Delphi or FreePascal. Both are pascal languages, but further advanced. They can both run old TP code to some extent.
    : Many thanks
    :
    I have been able to down load FreePascal and the html doc files. FreePascal installs just fine. However I can't seem to get the doc files into my fpc dir. Used extract to c:ftp it seems to work but when I hit help I still get the message to download and install html doc. what am I doing wrong?
  • zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : : : : : I have not written any code for 5 years . however I would like to start writeing again. What language works with windows xp.
    : : : : :
    : : : : Delphi or FreePascal. Both are pascal languages, but further advanced. They can both run old TP code to some extent.
    : : Many thanks
    : I have been able to down load FreePascal and the html doc files. FreePascal installs just fine. However I can't seem to get the doc files into my fpc dir. Used extract to c:ftp it seems to work but when I hit help I still get the message to download and install html doc. what am I doing wrong?
    :
    Check the settings of FPC. Perhaps the path to the help files is not set correctly.
    : : : : : : I have not written any code for 5 years . however I would like to start writeing again. What language works with windows xp.
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : Delphi or FreePascal. Both are pascal languages, but further advanced. They can both run old TP code to some extent.
    : : : : :
    : : : Many thanks
    : : I have been able to down load FreePascal and the html doc files. FreePascal installs just fine. However I can't seem to get the doc files into my fpc dir. Used extract to c:ftp it seems to work but when I hit help I still get the message to download and install html doc. what am I doing wrong?
    : Check the settings of FPC. Perhaps the path to the help files is not set correctly.
    : You are right. even though I muddled around for a while I finally figured out "setting" = click help,click files,click new,clear the file name enter c:fpcdocfpctoc.html click ok, aswer yes to create index. alls well. Problem solved. My gratitude to zibadian.