old programer in turbo pascal - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

old programer in turbo pascal

t.lawlert.lawler Posts: 5Member
I have not written any code for 5 years . however I would like to start writeing again. What language works with windows xp.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I have not written any code for 5 years . however I would like to start writeing again. What language works with windows xp.
    :
    Delphi or FreePascal. Both are pascal languages, but further advanced. They can both run old TP code to some extent.
  • t.lawlert.lawler Posts: 5Member
    : : I have not written any code for 5 years . however I would like to start writeing again. What language works with windows xp.
    : :
    : Delphi or FreePascal. Both are pascal languages, but further advanced. They can both run old TP code to some extent.
    :

: : : I have not written any code for 5 years . however I would like to start writeing again. What language works with windows xp.
    : : :
    : : Delphi or FreePascal. Both are pascal languages, but further advanced. They can both run old TP code to some extent.
    :
    :
    Many thanks
    : : : : I have not written any code for 5 years . however I would like to start writeing again. What language works with windows xp.
    : : : :
    : : : Delphi or FreePascal. Both are pascal languages, but further advanced. They can both run old TP code to some extent.
    : Many thanks
    :
    I have been able to down load FreePascal and the html doc files. FreePascal installs just fine. However I can't seem to get the doc files into my fpc dir. Used extract to c:ftp it seems to work but when I hit help I still get the message to download and install html doc. what am I doing wrong?
  • zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : : : : : I have not written any code for 5 years . however I would like to start writeing again. What language works with windows xp.
    : : : : :
    : : : : Delphi or FreePascal. Both are pascal languages, but further advanced. They can both run old TP code to some extent.
    : : Many thanks
    : I have been able to down load FreePascal and the html doc files. FreePascal installs just fine. However I can't seem to get the doc files into my fpc dir. Used extract to c:ftp it seems to work but when I hit help I still get the message to download and install html doc. what am I doing wrong?
    :
    Check the settings of FPC. Perhaps the path to the help files is not set correctly.
    : : : : : : I have not written any code for 5 years . however I would like to start writeing again. What language works with windows xp.
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : Delphi or FreePascal. Both are pascal languages, but further advanced. They can both run old TP code to some extent.
    : : : : :
    : : : Many thanks
    : : I have been able to down load FreePascal and the html doc files. FreePascal installs just fine. However I can't seem to get the doc files into my fpc dir. Used extract to c:ftp it seems to work but when I hit help I still get the message to download and install html doc. what am I doing wrong?
    : Check the settings of FPC. Perhaps the path to the help files is not set correctly.
    : You are right. even though I muddled around for a while I finally figured out "setting" = click help,click files,click new,clear the file name enter c:fpcdocfpctoc.html click ok, aswer yes to create index. alls well. Problem solved. My gratitude to zibadian.