Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

e-commerce site design

I am trying to make a web site to sell jewelry online. I dont have much experience in it. I would like some help on how to design the site. Like how many pages should I have and what they should be about. Thanks.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I am trying to make a web site to sell jewelry online. I dont have much experience in it. I would like some help on how to design the site. Like how many pages should I have and what they should be about. Thanks.
    :
    The number of pages should be at least be equal to the number of pieces of jewelry people can buy, since buyers would like to see what they can buy. Also one or more pages with a list of the items to buy is handy.
    Obviously you'll need a login page, a shopping cart page, a confirmation page for the sale.
    Those are the pages I (also no experience) can think of which are necessary. Other pages might be very helpful: about your store (including business info), affiliates, payment options.
    For more inspiration check out existing webshops, like amazon.com, bol.com, etc. etc.
  • boubahboubah Posts: 2Member
    : : I am trying to make a web site to sell jewelry online. I dont have much experience in it. I would like some help on how to design the site. Like how many pages should I have and what they should be about. Thanks.
    : :
    : The number of pages should be at least be equal to the number of pieces of jewelry people can buy, since buyers would like to see what they can buy. Also one or more pages with a list of the items to buy is handy.
    : Obviously you'll need a login page, a shopping cart page, a confirmation page for the sale.
    : Those are the pages I (also no experience) can think of which are necessary. Other pages might be very helpful: about your store (including business info), affiliates, payment options.
    : For more inspiration check out existing webshops, like amazon.com, bol.com, etc. etc.
    :
    Thanks a lot. It really is helpful.
  • webman06webman06 Posts: 1Member
    : : : I am trying to make a web site to sell jewelry online. I dont have much experience in it. I would like some help on how to design the site. Like how many pages should I have and what they should be about. Thanks.
    : : :
    : : The number of pages should be at least be equal to the number of pieces of jewelry people can buy, since buyers would like to see what they can buy. Also one or more pages with a list of the items to buy is handy.
    : : Obviously you'll need a login page, a shopping cart page, a confirmation page for the sale.
    : : Those are the pages I (also no experience) can think of which are necessary. Other pages might be very helpful: about your store (including business info), affiliates, payment options.
    : : For more inspiration check out existing webshops, like amazon.com, bol.com, etc. etc.
    : :
    : Thanks a lot. It really is helpful.
    :

Why not use Webalect or something like that?