Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

TmaskEdit

Hey guys,
i'm tired of searching ,i am looking for a resource that has explained
tmaskedit settings so i can make my own filter on this object

thanks in advanced

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : Hey guys,
    : i'm tired of searching ,i am looking for a resource that has explained
    : tmaskedit settings so i can make my own filter on this object
    :
    : thanks in advanced
    :
    Place a TMaskEdit on the form and press F1. There you have one of the greatest recources of all: the help files.
  • sad.boysad.boy Posts: 90Member
    : : Hey guys,
    : : i'm tired of searching ,i am looking for a resource that has explained
    : : tmaskedit settings so i can make my own filter on this object
    : :
    : : thanks in advanced
    : Place a TMaskEdit on the form and press F1. There you have one of the greatest recources of all: the help files.
    :
    yeah it's good but does it provide all information about editing mask operators? like !(999)000-0000;1;_ i have no idea what ! , or ; means
    in 'edit mask' option
    : : : Hey guys,
    : : : i'm tired of searching ,i am looking for a resource that has explained
    : : : tmaskedit settings so i can make my own filter on this object
    : : :
    : : : thanks in advanced
    : : Place a TMaskEdit on the form and press F1. There you have one of the greatest recources of all: the help files.
    : yeah it's good but does it provide all information about editing mask operators? like !(999)000-0000;1;_ i have no idea what ! , or ; means
    : in 'edit mask' option
    :
    From the help page for TCustomMaskEdit.EditMask:
    !: If a ! character appears in the mask, optional characters are represented in the EditText as leading blanks. If a ! character is not present, optional characters are represented in the EditText as trailing blanks.
    : The character that follows a character is a literal character. Use this character to use any of the mask special characters as a literal in the data.
    ;: The ; character is used to separate the three fields of the mask.

: : : : Hey guys,
    : : : : i'm tired of searching ,i am looking for a resource that has explained
    : : : : tmaskedit settings so i can make my own filter on this object
    : : : :
    : : : : thanks in advanced
    : : : Place a TMaskEdit on the form and press F1. There you have one of the greatest recources of all: the help files.
    : : yeah it's good but does it provide all information about editing mask operators? like !(999)000-0000;1;_ i have no idea what ! , or ; means
    : : in 'edit mask' option
    : From the help page for TCustomMaskEdit.EditMask:
    : !: If a ! character appears in the mask, optional characters are represented in the EditText as leading blanks. If a ! character is not present, optional characters are represented in the EditText as trailing blanks.
    : : The character that follows a character is a literal character. Use this character to use any of the mask special characters as a literal in the data.
    : ;: The ; character is used to separate the three fields of the mask.
    :
    :
    thanks would tell me what does
    1;_ mean? it's at the end of the all filters for edit mask property

: : : : : Hey guys,
    : : : : : i'm tired of searching ,i am looking for a resource that has explained
    : : : : : tmaskedit settings so i can make my own filter on this object
    : : : : :
    : : : : : thanks in advanced
    : : : : Place a TMaskEdit on the form and press F1. There you have one of the greatest recources of all: the help files.
    : : : yeah it's good but does it provide all information about editing mask operators? like !(999)000-0000;1;_ i have no idea what ! , or ; means
    : : : in 'edit mask' option
    : : From the help page for TCustomMaskEdit.EditMask:
    : : !: If a ! character appears in the mask, optional characters are represented in the EditText as leading blanks. If a ! character is not present, optional characters are represented in the EditText as trailing blanks.
    : : : The character that follows a character is a literal character. Use this character to use any of the mask special characters as a literal in the data.
    : : ;: The ; character is used to separate the three fields of the mask.
    : thanks would tell me what does
    : 1;_ mean? it's at the end of the all filters for edit mask property
    :
    :
    The 1 is the second part of the mask. Help file description: The second part is the character that determines whether the literal characters of a mask are saved as part of the data.
    The _ is the third part of the mask, and you might already guess where that description is: in the help files. "The third part of the mask is the character used to represent unentered characters in the mask."
    : : : : : : Hey guys,
    : : : : : : i'm tired of searching ,i am looking for a resource that has explained
    : : : : : : tmaskedit settings so i can make my own filter on this object
    : : : : : :
    : : : : : : thanks in advanced
    : : : : : Place a TMaskEdit on the form and press F1. There you have one of the greatest recources of all: the help files.
    : : : : yeah it's good but does it provide all information about editing mask operators? like !(999)000-0000;1;_ i have no idea what ! , or ; means
    : : : : in 'edit mask' option
    : : : From the help page for TCustomMaskEdit.EditMask:
    : : : !: If a ! character appears in the mask, optional characters are represented in the EditText as leading blanks. If a ! character is not present, optional characters are represented in the EditText as trailing blanks.
    : : : : The character that follows a character is a literal character. Use this character to use any of the mask special characters as a literal in the data.
    : : : ;: The ; character is used to separate the three fields of the mask.
    : : thanks would tell me what does
    : : 1;_ mean? it's at the end of the all filters for edit mask property
    : The 1 is the second part of the mask. Help file description: The second part is the character that determines whether the literal characters of a mask are saved as part of the data.
    : The _ is the third part of the mask, and you might already guess where that description is: in the help files. "The third part of the mask is the character used to represent unentered characters in the mask."
    :
    thanks again,you know i always try learning things from the help but
    delphi help is confusing,would tell me how you use the help?
    for example for mask text i chose it and pressed F1 then after entering
    the help section for mask edit, i read it's instructions but after that
    i have no idea which link to click to direct me to correct section for
    finding out more details
    : : : : : : : Hey guys,
    : : : : : : : i'm tired of searching ,i am looking for a resource that has explained
    : : : : : : : tmaskedit settings so i can make my own filter on this object
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : : thanks in advanced
    : : : : : : :
    : : : : : : Place a TMaskEdit on the form and press F1. There you have one of the greatest recources of all: the help files.
    : : : : : yeah it's good but does it provide all information about editing mask operators? like !(999)000-0000;1;_ i have no idea what ! , or ; means
    : : : : : in 'edit mask' option
    : : : : From the help page for TCustomMaskEdit.EditMask:
    : : : : !: If a ! character appears in the mask, optional characters are represented in the EditText as leading blanks. If a ! character is not present, optional characters are represented in the EditText as trailing blanks.
    : : : : : The character that follows a character is a literal character. Use this character to use any of the mask special characters as a literal in the data.
    : : : : ;: The ; character is used to separate the three fields of the mask.
    : : : thanks would tell me what does
    : : : 1;_ mean? it's at the end of the all filters for edit mask property
    : : The 1 is the second part of the mask. Help file description: The second part is the character that determines whether the literal characters of a mask are saved as part of the data.
    : : The _ is the third part of the mask, and you might already guess where that description is: in the help files. "The third part of the mask is the character used to represent unentered characters in the mask."
    : thanks again,you know i always try learning things from the help but
    : delphi help is confusing,would tell me how you use the help?
    : for example for mask text i chose it and pressed F1 then after entering
    : the help section for mask edit, i read it's instructions but after that
    : i have no idea which link to click to direct me to correct section for
    : finding out more details
    :
    What more details do you want? If you want to know the relation to other properties/method, click the "See Also". If you want to have an overview of the defining class, click on the link with the classname. In many cases the help also lists the defining unit, related types, subtypes, etc. For classes you can also look at the heirarchy, to see how it relates to other classes.