where is everyone? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

where is everyone?

GyronMkweboGyronMkwebo Posts: 224Member ✭✭
I am surprised that we are more than a week into the new year and yet NO ONE has yet posted a message on this board, why? Has it lost its glamour of old? Where is Infidel, lionb, DarQ, Johnathan ...

Well guys, i've got a new job now, very serious programming required (Java and mySQL on a Linux platform) . Zimbabwe is still struggling, lots of people leaving and all that. Our economy is still sliding.

Hey guys, what do you think about happened to Saddam? Unbeleivable, if you ask me.

Comments

• DarQDarQ Posts: 1,625Member
    hey mister..

They are all still here but we don't seem to visit that ofter, at least i don't. I'm quite busy the last 6 months..

And what happened to saddam, well... i couldn't care less ;)

Cheers

: I am surprised that we are more than a week into the new year and yet NO ONE has yet posted a message on this board, why? Has it lost its glamour of old? Where is Infidel, lionb, DarQ, Johnathan ...
    :
    : Well guys, i've got a new job now, very serious programming required (Java and mySQL on a Linux platform) . Zimbabwe is still struggling, lots of people leaving and all that. Our economy is still sliding.
    :
    : Hey guys, what do you think about happened to Saddam? Unbeleivable, if you ask me.
    :

[size=5][italic][blue]Dar[RED]Q[/RED][/blue][/italic][/size]

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : I am surprised that we are more than a week into the new year and yet NO
    : ONE has yet posted a message on this board, why? Has it lost its glamour
    : of old? Where is Infidel, lionb, DarQ, Johnathan ...
    :
    It is, sadly, quieter here now than it was. As the say, "it was better in the good old days". Not that I've been posting much anywhere so far this year myself...thanks flu.

: Well guys, i've got a new job now, very serious programming required
    : (Java and mySQL on a Linux platform) .
    I don't envy you the Java part of that, but hope the new job goes well and you've some good folks to work with there.

: Zimbabwe is still struggling, lots of people leaving and all that. Our
    : economy is still sliding.
    :
    I hear about it in our news little these days, though seeing articles like:
    http://www.voanews.com/english/Africa/Zimbabwe/2007-01-10-voa52.cfm
    The situation doesn't look good at all. :-( I'm still interested in visiting Zimbabwe some day, by the way.

: Hey guys, what do you think about happened to Saddam? Unbeleivable, if
    : you ask me.
    The manner of his execution was wrong, but I can't say I'm hugely surprised about what happened. I really don't hold much hope for Iraq now. Just last night I watched a report on how it is too dangerous to get medicines to a Shi'ite hospital from a warehouse because it involves going accross a Sunni area, with malitias that are liable to attack the drivers etc. They can't even agree to at least leave alone those who are treating the sick and dying. Not to mention that the country with 10% of the world's oil resources can't even get fuel for the generators outside of the hospital so it has power to do more than one or two operations a day. And no, that's not some hospital hidden away somewhere. It's the top one, in Baghdad. It's just stupid. Maybe the only way these people can get on is by being oppressed into doing so by a dictator?

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• GyronMkweboGyronMkwebo Posts: 224Member ✭✭
    : : I am surprised that we are more than a week into the new year and yet NO
    : : ONE has yet posted a message on this board, why? Has it lost its glamour
    : : of old? Where is Infidel, lionb, DarQ, Johnathan ...
    : :
    : It is, sadly, quieter here now than it was. As the say, "it was better in the good old days". Not that I've been posting much anywhere so far this year myself...thanks flu.
    :
    : : Well guys, i've got a new job now, very serious programming required
    : : (Java and mySQL on a Linux platform) .
    : I don't envy you the Java part of that, but hope the new job goes well and you've some good folks to work with there.
    :
    : : Zimbabwe is still struggling, lots of people leaving and all that. Our
    : : economy is still sliding.
    : I hear about it in our news little these days, though seeing articles like:
    : http://www.voanews.com/english/Africa/Zimbabwe/2007-01-10-voa52.cfm
    : The situation doesn't look good at all. :-( I'm still interested in visiting Zimbabwe some day, by the way.
    :
    : : Hey guys, what do you think about happened to Saddam? Unbeleivable, if
    : : you ask me.
    : The manner of his execution was wrong, but I can't say I'm hugely surprised about what happened. I really don't hold much hope for Iraq now. Just last night I watched a report on how it is too dangerous to get medicines to a Shi'ite hospital from a warehouse because it involves going accross a Sunni area, with malitias that are liable to attack the drivers etc. They can't even agree to at least leave alone those who are treating the sick and dying. Not to mention that the country with 10% of the world's oil resources can't even get fuel for the generators outside of the hospital so it has power to do more than one or two operations a day. And no, that's not some hospital hidden away somewhere. It's the top one, in Baghdad. It's just stupid. Maybe the only way these people can get on is by being oppressed into doing so by a dictator?
    :
    : Jonathan
    :
    : ###
    : for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    : (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    : /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");
    :
    : Yeah, i agree with you, it looks like some countries can only work when there is a dictator forcing them to. Sectarian hatred seems to run too deep in Iraq, just look at the Saddam lynching. He was a very bad guy, that we all agree, but having to stoop to his level just makes the situation worse.

About my new job, i am not that fluent in a Linux platform, been hooked to Windows and .NET. Now i have to change a whole lot of things in the way i think. Been used to forms for an interface, now its Jframes and JMenus and JButtons, gives me lots of sleepless nights.

As for the situation in Zimbabwe, it is now so apparent that what really is needed is a political solution and then the economy later. Seeing what is hapening in Iraq and getting to know that the Americans are very much interested in the situation here makes those in power mightily scared and therefore, we are going to be stuck with this for quite some time. The president's term of office expires early next year, but there already is talk of having it extended to 2010!
    The reason put across is that we have to hold parliamentary elections and presidential elections simulteneaously, but when the same was sugested by the opposition in 2000 to cut the term by two years, the powers that be wouldn't hear of it. Talk of double standards.
    One of the oppossition party president used to work for NASA in the US, he specialized in Mechatronics and robotics. Most people are convinced that he is the US's point man here!

• lionblionb Posts: 1,688Member ✭✭
    : : Yeah, i agree with you, it looks like some countries can only work when there is a dictator forcing them to.
    [b][blue]This is it!You are absolutely right![/blue][/b]
    Sectarian hatred seems to run too deep in Iraq, just look at the Saddam lynching. He was a very bad guy, that we all agree, but having to stoop to his level just makes the situation worse.
    [b][blue]Wild country, wild life style, wild method of panishment. They simply cannot/do not know how do it in different way!![/blue][/b]

: : : Yeah, i agree with you, it looks like some countries can only work when there is a dictator forcing them to.
    : [b][blue]This is it!You are absolutely right![/blue][/b]
    : Sectarian hatred seems to run too deep in Iraq, just look at the Saddam lynching. He was a very bad guy, that we all agree, but having to stoop to his level just makes the situation worse.
    : [b][blue]Wild country, wild life style, wild method of panishment. They simply cannot/do not know how do it in different way!![/blue][/b]
    :
    :
    Was it really necessary to broadcast the guy being executed? If the idea was to impress onto the people that a political factor had been removed in Iraq, why not just show the burial and his relatives confirming that he surely is dead, or maybe all Iraqi executions are public?
    : : : : Yeah, i agree with you, it looks like some countries can only work when there is a dictator forcing them to.
    : : [b][blue]This is it!You are absolutely right![/blue][/b]
    : : Sectarian hatred seems to run too deep in Iraq, just look at the Saddam lynching. He was a very bad guy, that we all agree, but having to stoop to his level just makes the situation worse.
    : : [b][blue]Wild country, wild life style, wild method of panishment. They simply cannot/do not know how do it in different way!![/blue][/b]
    : Was it really necessary to broadcast the guy being executed? :

[blue] Of course not but it's their life style ... They use to live in that way ... [/blue]
    : : : : : Yeah, i agree with you, it looks like some countries can only work when there is a dictator forcing them to.
    : : : [b][blue]This is it!You are absolutely right![/blue][/b]
    : : : Sectarian hatred seems to run too deep in Iraq, just look at the Saddam lynching. He was a very bad guy, that we all agree, but having to stoop to his level just makes the situation worse.
    : : : [b][blue]Wild country, wild life style, wild method of panishment. They simply cannot/do not know how do it in different way!![/blue][/b]
    : : :
    : : :
    : : Was it really necessary to broadcast the guy being executed? :
    :
    : [blue] Of course not but it's their life style ... They use to live in that way ... [/blue]
    :
    Now they have 'bungled' another execution again. These guys seem to love their gory stuff, heads coming off and all. I just cant understand them. imagine the trauma inflicted on Barzan al-Tikrit's family, having to bury a body with a severed head.
    [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2007-1-17 7:21:26[/red][/b][hr]
    : Now they have 'bungled' another execution again. These guys seem to love their gory stuff, heads coming off and all. I just cant understand them.
    [blue] Have you ever been in Dubai? Friend of mine spend a few days there last year. He told me that at the first look it looked like well civilized country. However, driving on the local high-way he saw road sign "Public execution place" ... [b]It's 21-st century[/b] and they still have "Public execution place" which is not just landmark They still use it... By the way, there is the same place on Red Square Moscow, Russia named as 'Lobnoe mesto'. You can get some information here http://www.moscow.info/red-square/lobnoe-mesto.aspx Russia is not democratic country at all. However 'Lobnoe mesto' is a just historical landmark. Russia stopped to use public execution procedures and that place centuries ago.[/blue]

: [b][red]This message was edited by lionb at 2007-1-17 7:21:26[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Now they have 'bungled' another execution again. These guys seem to love their gory stuff, heads coming off and all. I just cant understand them.
    : [blue] Have you ever been in Dubai? Friend of mine spend a few days there last year. He told me that at the first look it looked like well civilized country. However, driving on the local high-way he saw road sign "Public execution place" ... [b]It's 21-st century[/b] and they still have "Public execution place" which is not just landmark They still use it... By the way, there is the same place on Red Square Moscow, Russia named as 'Lobnoe mesto'. You can get some information here http://www.moscow.info/red-square/lobnoe-mesto.aspx Russia is not democratic country at all. However 'Lobnoe mesto' is a just historical landmark. Russia stopped to use public execution procedures and that place centuries ago.[/blue]
    :
    :
    :
    :
    Of what use is are public executions, or executions at all? Is there any imperical evidence to suggest that capital punishment reduces crime rate?
    : Of what use is are public executions, or executions at all? Is there any imperical evidence to suggest that capital punishment reduces crime rate?
    :
    Who cares about this? If person deserve to be executed he must be executed. Why normal taxpayers have to pay for his life in prison? Here is some example. Couple years ago two ugly morons hunted and killed several innocent people around Washington DC. Low enforcement from Virginia, Maryland and DC spent a lot of time to capture them. After trial one of them got only life of sentence instead of death penalty that he deserves just because he was 17 years old at time when crime was commitment. [b]He knew what he was doing! He killed people just because he liked to do that![/b]. Now normal people have to pay for this animal's life in prison. Can you tell me why? Does he deserve that? I don't think so.