creating a database - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

creating a database

MFHMFH Posts: 56Member
I need to create a database from a program, because my version of access is too new to be recognized
(alternatively, how can I create a compatible database with vb6?)

thanks for the help

Comments

• BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    : I need to create a database from a program, because my version of access is too new to be recognized
    : (alternatively, how can I create a compatible database with vb6?)
    :
    : thanks for the help
    :

Can't you Save As... a lower version of Access?

Best Regards,
    Richard

• MFHMFH Posts: 56Member
    : : I need to create a database from a program, because my version of access is too new to be recognized
    : : (alternatively, how can I create a compatible database with vb6?)
    : :
    : : thanks for the help
    :
    : Can't you Save As... a lower version of Access?
    :
    : Best Regards,
    : Richard
    :
    :
    I already tried, but I have to look better. anyway, what's the last compatible version?
    There are 10 kind of people: those who understand binary code and those who don't understand it.

: I already tried, but I have to look better. anyway, what's the last compatible version?
    : There are 10 kind of people: those who understand binary code and those who don't understand it.
    :
    :

I have no idea :)
    Basically through SQL you should be able to handle any database.
    If the version is too low, try using a newer version of the database controls/components/references.

Best Regards,
    Richard

• dokken2dokken2 Posts: 532Member
    : : I already tried, but I have to look better. anyway, what's the last compatible version?
    : : There are 10 kind of people: those who understand binary code and those who don't understand it.
    :
    : I have no idea :)
    : Basically through SQL you should be able to handle any database.
    : If the version is too low, try using a newer version of the database controls/components/references.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    SQL is not the issue, its the ADO provider in the connection string. Access 97 [with a few quirks], 2000, and 2002 file formats will work with VB6 and an ADO provider for "Jet 4.0". I don't know if Access 2003 would work.

: SQL is not the issue, its the ADO provider in the connection string. Access 97 [with a few quirks], 2000, and 2002 file formats will work with VB6 and an ADO provider for "Jet 4.0". I don't know if Access 2003 would work.
    :
    :

I was trying to say that :P But since I have no experience at databases I doubt it came out right. Anyway, that's why I told him to look at the components/controls, to make sure those supported the new version.

Best Regards,
    Richard

• red3warlordred3warlord Posts: 77Member
    : : I already tried, but I have to look better. anyway, what's the last compatible version?
    : : There are 10 kind of people: those who understand binary code and those who don't understand it.
    :
    : I have no idea :)
    : Basically through SQL you should be able to handle any database.
    : If the version is too low, try using a newer version of the database controls/components/references.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    may be i could help

can u share the fualties of your source code/s?

in that way, i could figure out what's wrong with it....

from red3warlord with gratitude...
    keep in touch with me......
    echos amigos!!!!!

• MFHMFH Posts: 56Member
    : may be i could help
    :
    :
    : can u share the fualties of your source code/s?
    :
    : in that way, i could figure out what's wrong with it....
    :
    :
    : from red3warlord with gratitude...
    : keep in touch with me......
    : echos amigos!!!!!
    :
    :
    I found another solution. I have a php file that reads the database and the program has only to read the output of the php file. it's even better for what I need
    Anyway many thanks for the help!
    There are 10 kind of people: those who understand binary code and those who don't understand it.