Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

creating a database

MFHMFH Posts: 56Member
I need to create a database from a program, because my version of access is too new to be recognized
(alternatively, how can I create a compatible database with vb6?)

thanks for the help

Comments

• BitByBit_ThorBitByBit_Thor Posts: 2,444Member
    : I need to create a database from a program, because my version of access is too new to be recognized
    : (alternatively, how can I create a compatible database with vb6?)
    :
    : thanks for the help
    :

Can't you Save As... a lower version of Access?

Best Regards,
    Richard

• MFHMFH Posts: 56Member
    : : I need to create a database from a program, because my version of access is too new to be recognized
    : : (alternatively, how can I create a compatible database with vb6?)
    : :
    : : thanks for the help
    :
    : Can't you Save As... a lower version of Access?
    :
    : Best Regards,
    : Richard
    :
    :
    I already tried, but I have to look better. anyway, what's the last compatible version?
    There are 10 kind of people: those who understand binary code and those who don't understand it.

: I already tried, but I have to look better. anyway, what's the last compatible version?
    : There are 10 kind of people: those who understand binary code and those who don't understand it.
    :
    :

I have no idea :)
    Basically through SQL you should be able to handle any database.
    If the version is too low, try using a newer version of the database controls/components/references.

Best Regards,
    Richard

• dokken2dokken2 Posts: 532Member
    : : I already tried, but I have to look better. anyway, what's the last compatible version?
    : : There are 10 kind of people: those who understand binary code and those who don't understand it.
    :
    : I have no idea :)
    : Basically through SQL you should be able to handle any database.
    : If the version is too low, try using a newer version of the database controls/components/references.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    SQL is not the issue, its the ADO provider in the connection string. Access 97 [with a few quirks], 2000, and 2002 file formats will work with VB6 and an ADO provider for "Jet 4.0". I don't know if Access 2003 would work.

: SQL is not the issue, its the ADO provider in the connection string. Access 97 [with a few quirks], 2000, and 2002 file formats will work with VB6 and an ADO provider for "Jet 4.0". I don't know if Access 2003 would work.
    :
    :

I was trying to say that :P But since I have no experience at databases I doubt it came out right. Anyway, that's why I told him to look at the components/controls, to make sure those supported the new version.

Best Regards,
    Richard

• red3warlordred3warlord Posts: 77Member
    : : I already tried, but I have to look better. anyway, what's the last compatible version?
    : : There are 10 kind of people: those who understand binary code and those who don't understand it.
    :
    : I have no idea :)
    : Basically through SQL you should be able to handle any database.
    : If the version is too low, try using a newer version of the database controls/components/references.
    :
    :
    :
    :
    may be i could help

can u share the fualties of your source code/s?

in that way, i could figure out what's wrong with it....

from red3warlord with gratitude...
    keep in touch with me......
    echos amigos!!!!!

• MFHMFH Posts: 56Member
    : may be i could help
    :
    :
    : can u share the fualties of your source code/s?
    :
    : in that way, i could figure out what's wrong with it....
    :
    :
    : from red3warlord with gratitude...
    : keep in touch with me......
    : echos amigos!!!!!
    :
    :
    I found another solution. I have a php file that reads the database and the program has only to read the output of the php file. it's even better for what I need
    Anyway many thanks for the help!
    There are 10 kind of people: those who understand binary code and those who don't understand it.