Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Programming Language Built Into Windows

Hello,
Some time ago I discovered that you could write scripts in Windows and run them with a built in programming language. I am not referring to QBasic! This was some sort of "Java" like language that comes installed in MS Windows.
If anyone has any info on this topic please let me know.

Mark

Comments

• IDKIDK Member Posts: 1,784
    : Hello,
    : Some time ago I discovered that you could write scripts in Windows and run them with a built in programming language. I am not referring to QBasic! This was some sort of "Java" like language that comes installed in MS Windows.
    : If anyone has any info on this topic please let me know.
    :
    : Mark
    :

Are you talking about batch (.bat) scripts or vbscript files?
    Anyway, search for info on whatever it is on google and you should find a lot of info.
  • KoineMasterKoineMaster Member Posts: 3
    : : Hello,
    : : Some time ago I discovered that you could write scripts in Windows and run them with a built in programming language. I am not referring to QBasic! This was some sort of "Java" like language that comes installed in MS Windows.
    : : If anyone has any info on this topic please let me know.
    : :
    : : Mark
    :
    : Are you talking about batch (.bat) scripts or vbscript files?
    : Anyway, search for info on whatever it is on google and you should find a lot of info.
    :

Hello,
    Thank you for your response. No, I am not referring to BAT files. It was some type of scripting language. It may have been some sort of VBScript. I will try to find information on it at google.

Mark
  • IDKIDK Member Posts: 1,784
    :
    : Hello,
    : Thank you for your response. No, I am not referring to BAT files. It was some type of scripting language. It may have been some sort of VBScript. I will try to find information on it at google.
    :
    : Mark
    :

Both bat and VBscritpt are scripting languages...
  • KoineMasterKoineMaster Member Posts: 3
    : : Hello,
    : : Thank you for your response. No, I am not referring to BAT files. It was some type of scripting language. It may have been some sort of VBScript. I will try to find information on it at google.
    : : Mark
    :
    : Both bat and VBscritpt are scripting languages...
    :

Hello,
    Yes, I know about BAT files. Back in the days of DOS I used to edit my autoexec.bat file all of the time. Also, I used to use a BAT file to run assembler programs written with DOS debug. (Just a basic "Hello World" program.)
    Come to think of it, I believe that there are two scripting programming languages built into MS Windows.
    OK, one is Javascript! I just went to the command prompt and made a test file called test.js. When I type in "test" Windows tries to run it and then it gives me an error, a pop up window about the "scripting host." It also gives me the line number where the problem is located.
    VBscript must be the other language.
    Thank you for your help. You have pointed me in the right direction.

Mark