Newcomer looking for a starting point - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Newcomer looking for a starting point

fuct44fuct44 Posts: 2Member
Hi,

I've worked for an IT consulting company for a couple of years on the corporate/ops side. I'm very interested in learning .NET programming (and/or others) in hopes that someday I can make a career change and lead a life where I actually might not mind coming to work everyday...

My question is--what is a recommended "starting point" for an absolute beginner? Should I rely on books, or are there tutorials/packages that would help me along? On a co-worker's recommendation I've picked up a book on OOP that discusses the logic behind it, hoping it will give me a better understanding before diving in. Otherwise I'm kind of lost on where to start.

I'd appreciate any feedback/guidance that is out there.

TIA,

-Jimmy

Comments

• badrabadra Posts: 14Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I've worked for an IT consulting company for a couple of years on the corporate/ops side. I'm very interested in learning .NET programming (and/or others) in hopes that someday I can make a career change and lead a life where I actually might not mind coming to work everyday...
    :
    : My question is--what is a recommended "starting point" for an absolute beginner? Should I rely on books, or are there tutorials/packages that would help me along? On a co-worker's recommendation I've picked up a book on OOP that discusses the logic behind it, hoping it will give me a better understanding before diving in. Otherwise I'm kind of lost on where to start.
    :
    : I'd appreciate any feedback/guidance that is out there.
    :
    : TIA,
    :
    : -Jimmy
    :
    hello,

first of all you have to get the database programming you have to study visual basic.net and SQL server 2005 you can go to www.amazon.com it has a huge numbers of e-books for downloading i cannot remember at the moments the sites for programming guide because iam at coffeshop now but i will keep in touch.

good luck dude.