Newcomer looking for a starting point - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Newcomer looking for a starting point

fuct44fuct44 Posts: 2Member
Hi,

I've worked for an IT consulting company for a couple of years on the corporate/ops side. I'm very interested in learning .NET programming (and/or others) in hopes that someday I can make a career change and lead a life where I actually might not mind coming to work everyday...

My question is--what is a recommended "starting point" for an absolute beginner? Should I rely on books, or are there tutorials/packages that would help me along? On a co-worker's recommendation I've picked up a book on OOP that discusses the logic behind it, hoping it will give me a better understanding before diving in. Otherwise I'm kind of lost on where to start.

I'd appreciate any feedback/guidance that is out there.

TIA,

-Jimmy

Comments

• badrabadra Posts: 14Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I've worked for an IT consulting company for a couple of years on the corporate/ops side. I'm very interested in learning .NET programming (and/or others) in hopes that someday I can make a career change and lead a life where I actually might not mind coming to work everyday...
    :
    : My question is--what is a recommended "starting point" for an absolute beginner? Should I rely on books, or are there tutorials/packages that would help me along? On a co-worker's recommendation I've picked up a book on OOP that discusses the logic behind it, hoping it will give me a better understanding before diving in. Otherwise I'm kind of lost on where to start.
    :
    : I'd appreciate any feedback/guidance that is out there.
    :
    : TIA,
    :
    : -Jimmy
    :
    hello,

first of all you have to get the database programming you have to study visual basic.net and SQL server 2005 you can go to www.amazon.com it has a huge numbers of e-books for downloading i cannot remember at the moments the sites for programming guide because iam at coffeshop now but i will keep in touch.

good luck dude.