Developing Text Editor - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Developing Text Editor

phuzphuz Posts: 1Member
Hie,

I'm currently doing my final year project and it's about developing a text editor for C programming with added functions in it i.e. line count, syntax highlighting etc. So, can u share with me any knowledge on how it can be developed. Is Java suitable or is there something else better? or anything at all, pls. I really appreaciate it. Thanx!

Comments

• RiddickRiddick Posts: 41Member
    : Hie,
    :
    : I'm currently doing my final year project and it's about developing a text editor for C programming with added functions in it i.e. line count, syntax highlighting etc. So, can u share with me any knowledge on how it can be developed. Is Java suitable or is there something else better? or anything at all, pls. I really appreaciate it. Thanx!
    :

For a text editor and compiler I rather will use C++. For Java you can't create any kind of .exe file or application that way.
  • DenKainDenKain Posts: 17Member
    : : Hie,
    : :
    : : I'm currently doing my final year project and it's about developing a text editor for C programming with added functions in it i.e. line count, syntax highlighting etc. So, can u share with me any knowledge on how it can be developed. Is Java suitable or is there something else better? or anything at all, pls. I really appreaciate it. Thanx!
    : :
    :
    :
    : For a text editor and compiler I rather will use C++. For Java you can't create any kind of .exe file or application that way.
    :

Well thats true but you can create an executable JAR that will work just as well or you could use JSmooth to convert that same JAR into an EXE.

http://jsmooth.sourceforge.net/