How do I delete a project? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

How do I delete a project?

apenticoffapenticoff Posts: 63Member
I want to delete a couple of projects so that only certain projects appear on my start page. How can I get rid of "Junk" projects?

Thanks, Art

Comments

• apenticoffapenticoff Posts: 63Member
    : I want to delete a couple of projects so that only certain projects appear on my start page. How can I get rid of "Junk" projects?
    :
    : Thanks, Art
    :

Update: I found this on a web site. When I did it, it removed all the
    most recent projects on my start page. But as I select projects to open, it adds them to my recent projects. So this does seem to work
    but I would back up my registry before using it. Hope this helps someone else. Art

RESOLUTION
    Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
    To remove a project from the Recent Projects list, follow these steps.1. Click Start, click Run, type Regedit, and then click OK.
    2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftVisualStudio8.0ProjectMRUList
    Note The right pane of Registry Editor contains a Name column and a Data column. The Data column contains the path and name of the solution (.sln) file that you are trying to remove.
    To locate the registry key in Visual Studio .NET 2003, replace 8.0 with 7.1. To locate the registry key in Visual Studio .NET 2002, replace 8.0 with 7.0.

3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes to confirm.
    4. Close Registry Editor.
    Next time that you start Visual Studio, the removed project will not be listed on the start page.

• jbassmanpjbassmanp Posts: 160Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by jbassmanp at 2006-12-26 7:51:58[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by jbassmanp at 2006-12-21 22:30:49[/red][/b][hr]
    I have found the simplest way is to move the project folder from your working folder. Then when you run VB05 try to open the project it will not find it and ask you if you want to remove it from the startup. No muss no fuss... no registry editing etc. works well. You can copy the folder back later. Try it you will like it..
    jbassmap

: : I want to delete a couple of projects so that only certain projects appear on my start page. How can I get rid of "Junk" projects?
    : :
    : : Thanks, Art
    : :
    :
    : Update: I found this on a web site. When I did it, it removed all the
    : most recent projects on my start page. But as I select projects to open, it adds them to my recent projects. So this does seem to work
    : but I would back up my registry before using it. Hope this helps someone else. Art
    :
    : RESOLUTION
    : Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
    : To remove a project from the Recent Projects list, follow these steps.1. Click Start, click Run, type Regedit, and then click OK.
    : 2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
    : HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftVisualStudio8.0ProjectMRUList
    : Note The right pane of Registry Editor contains a Name column and a Data column. The Data column contains the path and name of the solution (.sln) file that you are trying to remove.
    : To locate the registry key in Visual Studio .NET 2003, replace 8.0 with 7.1. To locate the registry key in Visual Studio .NET 2002, replace 8.0 with 7.0.
    :
    : 3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes to confirm.
    : 4. Close Registry Editor.
    : Next time that you start Visual Studio, the removed project will not be listed on the start page.
    :
    :